heath miller - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

heath miller

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:50 am

Sigh, my opponent had Miller and Parker. How does a defense EVER let a tight end go 87 yards? And then the fact that the refs didn't bother to look for a challenge flag was just the icing on the cake. I'm down 28 to nothing to start my fantasy season.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby drsteuss » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:58 am

Started him over Winslow. Now I get to brag to strangers on message boards about it.
aka Big Daddy Drew, Kissing Suzy Kolber
drsteuss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: heath

Postby jmog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:53 am

Warpigs wrote:
Why would you package Miller for Alge?

Lets see...

Alge has averaged 55-60 cates, 700+ yards, and 5 TDs a season over the last 3 years, and he has improved each season on his previous years stats.

Alge is a top 5 TE fantasy wise. I don't see Miller in PITs run first offense getting much more looks than he did last year (40 catches for about 450 yards and 6 TDs).

Oh yeah, my league is huge on TEs, Alge averaged 20.4 pts/gm last year, Miller only 13.4. Millers huge game last night scored me 78 pts. Someone just may want him straight up for a TE that will outscore him the rest of the way like Alge or Cooley, or Heap.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby spodog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:12 am

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I have Heath and I may try to sell him high, I am hoping Heap or Gonzo or Gates has a bad week 1, so I will be able to try and package Miller and like Chris Brown for one of them ;-D

Gotta love it. 1 87 yard catch and now Dback is ready to "sell high". Sad thing is there are probably 4 guys in your league that will take the bait.

Go get gates!! ;-D
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:17 am

jmog wrote:
Warpigs wrote:
Why would you package Miller for Alge?

Lets see...

Alge has averaged 55-60 cates, 700+ yards, and 5 TDs a season over the last 3 years, and he has improved each season on his previous years stats.

Alge is a top 5 TE fantasy wise. I don't see Miller in PITs run first offense getting much more looks than he did last year (40 catches for about 450 yards and 6 TDs).

Oh yeah, my league is huge on TEs, Alge averaged 20.4 pts/gm last year, Miller only 13.4. Millers huge game last night scored me 78 pts. Someone just may want him straight up for a TE that will outscore him the rest of the way like Alge or Cooley, or Heap.

Miller was also a rookie last year....not exactly the most fair comparison. Which if you looked at the Steelers in the playoffs, they started to look his way a lot more than during the season. I think that once Big Ben comes back you'll see the ball going to Miller on a regular basis. He is a great red zone target and has a much more reliable QB in Roethlisberger than Vick.

I like how you are talking about PIT's run first offense when the Falcons have a VERY run heavy offense themselves. Miller will most certainly improve on last year's numbers. I see him getting in the 50-60 reception range with 600+ yds and 6-8 TDs. I think he'll be very good this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:01 pm

drsteuss wrote:Started him over Winslow. Now I get to brag to strangers on message boards about it.

ha ha ha ha ...aint that the truth... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RyanTB » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:16 pm

Had Heath Miller and FWP in last night. I'm pretty pleased with the results.
RyanTB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:35 pm

everyone is high on miller after last night...im saying sell high now..

he was targetted a whole 2 times last night im pretty sure. one just happened to be a monster play, which was more of poor defensive play calling than anything....not to mention he didnt even really score.

i dont think there were any fantasy owners happy with his performance last night until that late game miracle.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ihux » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:12 pm

DbacksAllTheWay wrote:I have Heath and I may try to sell him high, I am hoping Heap or Gonzo or Gates has a bad week 1, so I will be able to try and package Miller and like Chris Brown for one of them ;-D

Why would you do that? If you could get Gates, ok. The other guys you mentioned are in no way better options than Miller. Gonzo sucked last year and there is no reason you should expect much more than just above average numbers from him this year. Heap is always disappointing in my opinion (after having him for three years straight). This is one of those trade ideas that could really blow up in your face.
ihux
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:23 pm

ihux wrote:

Why would you do that? If you could get Gates, ok. The other guys you mentioned are in no way better options than Miller. Gonzo sucked last year and there is no reason you should expect much more than just above average numbers from him this year. Heap is always disappointing in my opinion (after having him for three years straight). This is one of those trade ideas that could really blow up in your face.

ummm last season heap put up 855 yards and 7 TDs with boller/wright as his QBs. if miller gets those kind of numbers id be pretty suprised. the only year heap has had that i consider bad was the year before when he was hurt almost all year. other than that, he is money....and with mcnair....forget about it. heap over miller all day long.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting