The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:05 am

I'm interested in him as a buy low, actually. This was the Steelers D they were playing against, remember.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07 am

Kensat30 wrote:You guys remember that board game, where you push down on the bubble in the middle of the board and a dice rolls inside of it and that's how many spaces you moved?

Well, there was Trouble, with the Pop-o-matic bubble, and then there was Headache, which was ostensibly the same game, with the same theme song, but with a British kid saying "you give me a headache" instead of an American kid saying "I'll give you trouble!" but I believe that's the game of which you speak.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:10 am

Big trouble for Fins fans, more than his owners.

I think he'll still have his solid fantasy performances, but he will cost Miami more games than he will win for them.

Blinded sided sacks that turn into fumbles are a constant with Culpepper, and being with a new group of WR's is going to be an adjustment.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:35 am

thriftyrocker wrote:It was Pittsburgh. The pass blocking looked very good, it's just when they had to pass at the end, he forced it. I would probably bench him against NE, but otherwise he is probably still a good start. He hasn't played in a while, so he'll probably look more and more comfortable as the year goes on.

That's the problem though, he keeps trying to fit the square peg in the round hole.

I'm honestly surprised that some of y'all consider him a good "buy-low" candidate. At this point there's only one of my leagues I'd consider adding him in, and that's only because Big Ben went down and I have to Start Kitna now.

I have the feeling that the INTs and bad decisions with CPep aren't the exception anymore, they're the rule. All tonight did was reinforce that.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:48 am

I think it is too soon to write off Culpepper. He looked pretty good before the meltdown. I think that he lost his composure and tried doing too much. He'll learn and the Phins{ will have an easier time of it now. The Stillers D is frighteningly good.

Hold on C Pep. Too much upside.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby moonhead » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:01 am

moochman wrote:I think it is too soon to write off Culpepper. He looked pretty good before the meltdown. I think that he lost his composure and tried doing too much. He'll learn and the Phins{ will have an easier time of it now. The Stillers D is frighteningly good.

Hold on C Pep. Too much upside.

i agree. he was forcing it late, other than that i thought he looked excellent. chambers blew a fade route early in the game that would have made the stats look better in favor of cpepp.

edit: i'm an idiot. he didn't look excellent, he looked mediocre. like a qb that had not played in a year. he threw some bad balls. there were times where he looked excellent....and times where he looked downright horrendous.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:44 am

Nothing personal against Culpepper but that stupid @$%& single-handedly put me at a 17 pt deficit against my opponent, who started the Steelers D. Hell, it's been one game this season and I'm already playing from way behind...

Seriously, though, I thought he looked a little better than I expected. At least he didn't look lost, like he did later in Minnesota.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby PyRo8 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:57 am

moonhead wrote:this can't be good for his confidence...

yea he definitely looked very down when he came out after the game to greet cowher and ben
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AcidRock23 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:05 am

I dunno, he seemed very inconsistent. Beyond the picks there were a bunch of balls that he threw that just missed open receivers. Maybe it was just jitters or something like that but, as good as he looked when he was 'on', he was 'off' on several occasions as well.
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ejwild » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:39 am

Seriously....C Pep is going to cause headaches for owners of him and especially for Fins Fans...

He is a meathead of the first order. He gets overly excited and will toss many an ill-advised pass this season. You are going to love him one moment...then hate him....take it from a vikings fan.

He is NOT a winning quarterback. Maybe Saban can get inside his head and calm him down...but anyone who isn't worried about him...isn't paying attention to what he's been doing the past 2 years.

He turns the ball over at the end of games when it counts. Period. :-t
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk