The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:43 am

I think Culpepper had great execution. He seemed to be making the right reads. I would guess that Saban was pleased with what he saw.

He needs to read the defense and the play as it's developing better.

Every ball he threw was on target, he just didn't always adjust to either the receivers' contact with the db or the defense's adjustment to play the ball.

I think he looked great though. I think the "touch" passes and improvisational adjustments will improve with more playing time.

He got 5 whole points for me this week, but I look for better things for him this year.

By the way, how about Welker? Very impressive dude. Reminds me of Wayne Chrebet but he also seems to have some pretty good return skills. I don't see him as a fantasy pickup, but he is fun to watch and an unexpected contributor
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ejwild » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 am

Dude....stop smoking that crack....you are looking at things through Culpepper-colored-glasses....he should have had 3-4 MORE INT's....

He was making terrible reads and throwing risky balls at bad times...as per usual.

Talk to me in 4-5 more weeks when he's STILL leading the league in INT's...
It's a great day to play Football.
ejwild
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wesley Walker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:06 am

Turnovers have always been a big, big part of C-Pep's game. Why should that change now?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:09 am

He had 2 this week, which I thought he would have at least that many. He should have actually had one more if Taylor could have caught that one in the endzone, it also would have taken away one of Brown's TDs. That pass was maybe the worst one, it was just terrible. He's always going to be the kind of guy that you just have to accept the turnovers if you want to have the big games as well.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 am

While I wasn't exactly pleased with Culpepper's outing (I actually do own him in one league) I don't necessarily think he did all that bad. Keep in mind that the Dolphins only ran the ball 3 times in the 4th quarter (one was that reverse to Chris Chambers) so the Miami running game was pretty much stopped. It's much easier to defend a one-dimensional team.

Even those passes that dropped short of his receiver weren't too bad. It's been a while since he's been in a game situation so I can excuse those for a game. I suspect they'll work on those this week too.

What worried me were the deep passes at the end of the game that seemingly went to nobody. Was he trying to just throw the ball away? To me it looked like he was trying to force the ball a little too much.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bklik » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:51 am

At least he didnt fumble with those pre-teen sized hands of his.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby drmoses » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:49 am

Actually, as Culpepper owner, i was happy with what I saw.

He looked good. There was poor execution from both him and his receivers but all in all, it was good.

Most importantly, he took the big hits from a blitz happy defense and shrugged them off.

That made me happy.
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:53 am

I wouldn't get down on him yet. None of the teams in their division have very good defenses (yes, including NE who was next to last against the pass last year). They also play Tenn, Hou, GB, KC, and Detroit.

If they don't look good by the bye week then I'd be throwing my hands up, because they should be scoring some points against these upcoming teams.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Azrael wrote:I wouldn't get down on him yet. None of the teams in their division have very good defenses (yes, including NE who was next to last against the pass last year). They also play Tenn, Hou, GB, KC, and Detroit.

If they don't look good by the bye week then I'd be throwing my hands up, because they should be scoring some points against these upcoming teams.

I'll give him that much with the schedule...

But at least two times last night, Culpepper was in a situation to get a passing TD to Chambers and he botched it up. Doesn't matter who you are playing, it's the QB that makes the throws not the defense. He could have hit Chambers on that first out pass in the front corner of the endzone, but he threw too far inside. That's a tough throw to make, but then again I see guys like Matt Hasselbeck making that throw every single time. And then the pass that was nearly intercepted (should have been INT) was an EASY TD to Chambers. Why would he throw that ball 10 yards over Chambers head into the back corner when Chambers had his man beat by 2 steps? That is just poor QB and poor decision making. Lack of recognition... Culpepper with a case of happy eyes/indecision?

Encouraging for Ronnie Brown owners at least. Feel sorry for those guys who took Chambers in the 3rd though... Monday Night you are gonna wish you took Randy Moss instead.

PS- Anyone else read that study recently of how week 1 scoring output correlates to scoring for the rest of the season? I think it had WRs with almost no correlation, RBs had some correlation. And QBs had the strongest correlation between poor week1 = poor season.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby dand1n » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:17 pm

i liked what i saw last night from culpepper as well..i started him last night..even though he threw 2 ints...he only managed to give me 5 points..

i expect daunte to rebound back next week and beyond the season. have faith in #8! ;-D
hate is the best compliment, people always want what you have.
dand1n
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk