The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Culpepper TD/INT Ratio.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:20 pm

this happens every year lol first game one player does bad.. it's one game guys. He has the talent around him and he won't be facing amazing def. like pit all year. once chambers is on a guy he can burn it's going to be a sick season
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:36 pm

I wasnt all that impressed with Culpepper last night but he played decent considering it was his first game back against the toughest defense in the league.

What i found funny was why he didnt look to Chambers more in the first half. In the second half they started throwing to him and they started moving the chains. For some reason Cpepp seemed to be avoiding him.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:What i found funny was why he didnt look to Chambers more in the first half. In the second half they started throwing to him and they started moving the chains. For some reason Cpepp seemed to be avoiding him.

Wasn't the two interceptions on passes to Chambers? On top of that, the endzone pass to Chambers should have also been an INT. Was Culpepper targeting Chambers when Polamalu *should* have intercepted him as well in the first half of the game?

What I saw from last night was the Dolphins were winning the game (or at least keeping it close) when Culpepper was spreading the ball around and they were running the ball (although not for much yardage). It wasn't until he started keying on Chambers that the game got out of hand from the two INTs. It could have been worse if those other two INTs were caught.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 pm

biju wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:What i found funny was why he didnt look to Chambers more in the first half. In the second half they started throwing to him and they started moving the chains. For some reason Cpepp seemed to be avoiding him.

Wasn't the two interceptions on passes to Chambers? On top of that, the endzone pass to Chambers should have also been an INT. Was Culpepper targeting Chambers when Polamalu *should* have intercepted him as well in the first half of the game?

What I saw from last night was the Dolphins were winning the game (or at least keeping it close) when Culpepper was spreading the ball around and they were running the ball (although not for much yardage). It wasn't until he started keying on Chambers that the game got out of hand from the two INTs. It could have been worse if those other two INTs were caught.

-M

I think the big difference between the first half and the second half, was that Culpepper had time in the 2nd half to lock onto a WR. First half, the rushers came in so fast, he had to get rid of the ball to the closest guy with 2 seconds of the snap. I thought that was a huge upgrade over 2005 when he was throwing INTs and getting sacked in those situations. He was not taking sacks in this game and when pressued he was getting the ball off. He looked pretty damn good doing that.

But when the pressure eased off somewhat and he was forced to be a pocket passer, the decisions were just not good at all. I was watching his eyes the whole game, and more than half of the plays he didn't check off his #1 target at all. Snap to whistle, looking at the same guy. Polamalu picked up on it pretty early in the first half, it was only a matter of time.

And Chambers is just not good enough to beat double coverage BTW Cpepp. Someone needs to tell him that he should check down to freakin McMichael instead of trying to turn Chambers into Randy Moss. He totally ignored McMichael the whole game because he wouldn't bring his eyes off the outside WRs and scan the middle of the field. That and a few critical throws that he missed near the goalline cost them the game IMO.

Very disturbing to see a QB that has previously relied so much on his mobility utterly fail as a pocket passing QB. And contrary to the popularly held belief in the media, Culpepper has NOT fully healed. Fail as a pocket passer this season, fail as a QB. Like I've said all along, Dolphin's are 1 year out of seriously competing to make the playoffs.

PS Is everyone an apologist these days? "He did pretty well considering it was his first game back against a tough Steeler's D". He still lost the game and looked pretty bad doing it.

Analysis > Excuses
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk