Fish gonna love Ronnie Brown at the goal line - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fish gonna love Ronnie Brown at the goal line

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:01 am

Kensat30 wrote:I thought Ronnie ran well for what the defense gave him. I don't think he is going to get that many chances at the goalline in the average Dolphin game, but with his upcoming schedule he looks very promising.

The real question for me is if he can keep his ability 6 or 7 weeks from now after taking a major pounding.

I really don't think Pitt pounded him tonight. Most of the time they seemed to drag him down.
I like the way he ran tonight in the sense that he ran hard. He got an extra yard or 2 when a lot of guys would have went down. I would have like him to run up field a little more and hit the hole hard instead of dancing on every play. Maybe there was no hole so dancing was his last resort.

That's his toughest game of the year. Glad it's out of the way early. He's got one of the best rushing schedules the rest of the way. I just can't wait until he scores twice and gains 120 combined yards.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:03 am

I think he's reffering to all the hits he will be taking in the next few weeks. He always took a limited amount of hits because he split time w/ Cadillac and Pothead, so now is the time to prove he can handle being a full time back.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby DGroundhog » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:06 am

What I thought was promising was him being used on the dump off's out of the backfield. I think he's going to do some damage there, running over DB's on his way to more 'fluke' TD's.

He'll have his big games rushing as well. The TD's tonight were a salvation for those of us who believed in him and took him over some other more proven options.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Fireball Express » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:07 am

cordscords wrote:I think he's reffering to all the hits he will be taking in the next few weeks. He always took a limited amount of hits because he split time w/ Cadillac and Pothead, so now is the time to prove he can handle being a full time back.

He didn't get to prove it tonight. Only 15 carries :-t

I was hoping for 20 carries a game at least.
I think (hope) he'll be able to take it. I mean they don't call him the Big Ole Stone for nothing.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:11 am

I think Brown could be a beast this year. What I saw was a back who's running got stronger as the game wore on. He made a lot of powerful runs that few Ds would have stopped. Unfortunately for him the Stillers are one of those Ds. The other great thing I saw was Culpepper throwing late INTs when the game was still there to be won. It wouldn't suprise me to see Saban respond by handing the ball to Ronnie instead of C-Pep.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fish gonna love Ronnie Brown at the goal line

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:26 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
kemper5 wrote:Against Pitts stout D he scored 2.. What'll he do against the rest?.. He could have a huge TD year! He may not get the huge yards, but I think he's gonna score big and have decent receptions ;-D

blarg. td's are flukes. that oline still looks horrible. unless youre in a very heavily weighted touchdown league i cant understand what would make you happy about his performance tonight.

Wow, only had to go down one post to find what I was going to type... ;-D

Seriously, the Miami run game was weak tonight...granted it was against the Steelers defense who are pretty dang good against the run. This is why I was scared of taking Brown this year...they have a tough non-conference schedule as well as inter-division rivals that have pretty good run D's.

Still, the 2 TD's in close quarters are nice for the fantasy team...and yeah, they are luck for the most part. Brown will get plenty of chances for those TD's which is why he was a 1st round pick in most leagues. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:57 am

I was happy with the catches (PPR for me) and the TD's. I was less happy with the play of Culpep and the D. I don't want to see the Fins behind this year since it looks (at least early) like they are going to throw the ball and leave Brown back to help block for max protect for C Pep.

It is however, the first game and they did play a very good D in Pit.

The other thing that was nice is that H miller is sitting on my WW so no one got those 18 points last night! (I have Gates so Miller was not an option for me.)
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:23 am

You have to be worried about that YPC though, that was a hideous number. Still, a lot has to be said for it being their first real game. Teams never really go all-out until the first game of the season, so there's a lot of sloppiness that can be corrected in coming weeks.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mothaudio » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:46 am

As a R.Brown owner I was pleased both with the outcome and the way he made some extra yards against a tough run DEF that was targeting him. Hopefully 'Pepp gets his act together as they have some nice weapons and teams won't be as able to focus on the RB as much. The run blocking didn't show me much, at least last night, but I still see him getting his yards vs the average DEF's.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:44 pm

While his statline is fairly unimpressive he ran great last night. I was surprised at how well he finishes off runs. He really worked for every yard he got last night. The pass blocking looked good last night for the phins but the run blocking looked horrible. Thats what im more worried about.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk