Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ronnie Brown

Postby fightinfitz_08 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:01 am

i know Brown only had 30 rush yds last night but i was still pretty impressed with the way this guy ran against a very tough defense. he ran hard and finished very well it seemed on almost every play. but the thing that stood out to me was his 2td's. on the first td he was hit at like the two and plowed through into the endzone. with his second td he got out to the corner and jumped over 2 steelers defenders. the guy looks like he has a nose for the endzone. makes me think that 15td's aren't out of the question.
fightinfitz_08
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ronnie Brown

Postby mattb47 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:13 am

fightinfitz_08 wrote:i know Brown only had 30 rush yds last night but i was still pretty impressed with the way this guy ran against a very tough defense. he ran hard and finished very well it seemed on almost every play. but the thing that stood out to me was his 2td's. on the first td he was hit at like the two and plowed through into the endzone. with his second td he got out to the corner and jumped over 2 steelers defenders. the guy looks like he has a nose for the endzone. makes me think that 15td's aren't out of the question.

I don't think you can give TOO much credit to Brown for those TDs. Neither of them were set up by great running by him, they just happened to get the ball close enough to be able to run it 2 yds in. His ypc was horrible, even for playing the Steelers....I'm sorry but I don't care how good the defense is, that kind of ypc is just terrible.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby calc27 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:03 am

I agree, I liked the way Brown was finishing off his runs and gaining extra YAC. I'm slightly worried about the O-line though, but I think his lack of yardage has more to do with the playcalling and/or Pitt's defensive plan.

I think Pitt went in with the idea that CPep would have to beat them through the air, so they were stacking the box and blitzing a bunch to force him to throw. That being said, I don't think Miami opened up the offense early enough with deep throws to make the Pitt D give them some respect. And then when they finally did start throwing to Chambers more in the 4th quarter, they didn't go back to Brown when he probably would've had a little more room to work with.

Other than the 2nd TD in the 2nd half, Ronnie barely got the ball. With a lead with around 10 minutes left to play in the 4th, they abandoned the run which is just stupid. So I was impressed by Ronnie with what he was given and I think there was enough shown on his part for a positive outlook for the rest of the season. I think he's going to be huge barring injuries.
calc27
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:17 pm

ronnie was shutdown... he does look good in PPR leagues though.

What happened to the goaline defense of Pitt??? I thought they used to be one of the stingiest.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:31 pm

I thought Brown did OK and will do even better. PIT is a tough defense, plus it seemed like Brown was just starting to run well when MIA quit using him and went to the pass way too early.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:18 pm

Miami's next 6 games are against weaker defenses (well, New England is still stout, but not as much as it used to be). He should produce huge fantasy numbers against teams like Tenessee, Houston, the Jets and the Packers.
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby KK_Cowboy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:32 pm

I am not surprised Ronnie had as few of yards as he did last night. I am a little surprised by the fact he had 2 TD's. If he can do that against the Steelers, I would love to see what he can do against Buffalo next week.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheMax » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:48 pm

Does Ronnie's value go down after his awful 2 yards per carry average? His TDs weren't that impressive, but not just anybody could have put them in. Plus Pittsburgh is one of the best Run Ds in the league. What do you guys think his value is after this game???
TheMax
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 8)

Postby ihux » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Ronnie Brown coming away from a game against Pitt with 2TDs and 60 yards (passing and rushing) is fine with me. They are going to shut most RBs down worse than that in terms of scoring. If you have him, you should be psyched and looking forward to lesser defenses. Guy looks solid.
ihux
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:42 pm

Yeah, take what you got and be happy. Really happy, actually.

Pitt is probably only going to allow 10-12 rushing TDs all season, so getting 1/5 to 1/6 of that in one night isn't bad.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting