Ronnie Brown - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Ronnie Brown

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Shock Wave » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:47 pm

Early on I was really worried about him and still kinda am. But he did have 2 touchdowns no matter how "easy" they were, he went against a really good D and it was the 1st game of the season so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I really do think he'll be contributing a lot and while maybe not an elite RB this season I have him as my second RB, so I think its good value.
Shock Wave
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:16 pm

Look, Ronnie can run as good as he wants, but nothin will change that his 2 ypc won't cut it, and that his blocking is terrible to this point. The Steelers Defense wasn't just that good, Brown was getting tackled in the backfield due to poor blocking.

Also, keep in mind that Chambers got the first look every time in the endzone. Brown would've done terrible if not for a pair of drops and a horrid pass by C-Pepp.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Suicide_Kings » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:11 pm

I thought Brown did pretty good. He made some sweet moves as he was weaving/falling through tackles to get a few extra yards. The guy can catch and before the season is over I bet we'll even see a few pass ala LaDainian Tomlinson. C-Pep didn't entirely blow the game, I recall a couple of bonehead penalties by some of the MIA defenders early on which gave PIT some new life.

I have Brown on the roster and I am pleasantly surprised he was able to get not one BUT TWO touchdowns against the defending Superbowl champs.
Suicide_Kings
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting