Please tell me in no uncertain way how stupid i am please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Please tell me in no uncertain way how stupid i am please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please tell me in no uncertain way how stupid i am please

Postby damonhater » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:43 am

I was torn all week between Heath Miller and Winslow. Back and forth back and forth. Played Winslow cuz of the Batch factor. I thought i had put in Miller at last second. Ran upstairs checked puter and there was Miller on bench. How much of a jagoff am I. My thinking was that Winslow might break out.
damonhater
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby killiansjmd » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:54 am

Hopefully he does this week and makes you forget about not starting Miller. He has a chance to have a good game since the Saints D is very weak.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please tell me in no uncertain way how stupid i am please

Postby The_Dude » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:15 pm

damonhater wrote:I was torn all week between Heath Miller and Winslow. Back and forth back and forth. Played Winslow cuz of the Batch factor. I thought i had put in Miller at last second. Ran upstairs checked puter and there was Miller on bench. How much of a jagoff am I. My thinking was that Winslow might break out.

Picking TEs is like playing roulette after 1-5, imo. Who knows, Winslow could go off. Although, general rule of week 1 is start the guy who you drafted first, unless the matchups are way off.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby ateam » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:19 pm

You can't kick yourself for that, that would be like me kicking myself for playing Chambers, and keeping WWelker on my bench.

The last post was right on, I believe w/ regards to playing TE's especially this early in the season.

I chose LJ Smith and kept Winslow on my bench, but that could blow up on me just as well. :*)
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:28 pm

I always wait until someone takes Gates/Gonzo and then take the next guy, which is tier two and then no more TE's just to avoid this kind of headache. That way I have one solid guy and dont have to worry about it...
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: Please tell me in no uncertain way how stupid i am please

Postby damonhater » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:37 pm

The_Dude wrote:
damonhater wrote:I was torn all week between Heath Miller and Winslow. Back and forth back and forth. Played Winslow cuz of the Batch factor. I thought i had put in Miller at last second. Ran upstairs checked puter and there was Miller on bench. How much of a jagoff am I. My thinking was that Winslow might break out.

Picking TEs is like playing roulette after 1-5, imo. Who knows, Winslow could go off. Although, general rule of week 1 is start the guy who you drafted first, unless the matchups are way off.

I drafted Miller and picked up Winslow of WW. You are right and i will learn from this.
damonhater
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mrblitz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm

I think a mistake most people make when setting their lineups is going for or against matchup situations. Then they complain when the player that shouldv'e been starting has a good game. Bottomline, start the best players on your team. Period.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 pm

It was a calculated risk, it still might pay off. I don't see how you go with a guy who has played about 20 snaps in his NFL career, coming off a torn ACL in week 1 over a different TE who scored 6 TDs in his rookie year last season, but that's me.

No one could predict what Batch would do last night though, so I'll give you that.

I similarly (maybe not so much) benched Hines Ward this week with Big Ben out and his injury question mark and went with the favorable matchup in Eddie Kennison. We'll see how that plays out.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby waterproof » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:30 pm

mrblitz wrote:I think a mistake most people make when setting their lineups is going for or against matchup situations. Then they complain when the player that shouldv'e been starting has a good game. Bottomline, start the best players on your team. Period.

No way! play the match ups. They work out more often than not.
waterproof
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle Eye

Postby freeling_prideful » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Don't kill yourself over it, these things happen all the time. Even the best-reasoned decisions don't work out.

You could have a guy playing at Denver covered by Champ Bailey and all it takes is one mistake for him to burn off a 50 yard TD and make you feel like an idiot for sitting him.
freeling_prideful
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk