Trading up to Top Tier QB's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trading up to Top Tier QB's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:55 pm

Brady is not a top QB. The two headed rushing monster that is Dillon and Maroney will make sure of that.

Manning is the only guy that i would give up a substanial starter for. Palmer is a bit of a gamble with his knee. I dont want to give up a top RB or WR for Carson.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kellys Heroes » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:32 pm

Hasselbeck.. he had 24 tds last yr while SA had almost 30..
you think that if SA only has 20 then Hass will have at least 30
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:What QBs do you have rostered right now?

In one league it is Bulgar and Warner
Other league it is McNair and Carr
Other league it is Delhomme alone

The McNair league was weird though because it was an NFL.com draft and their player rankings have 12 QB's in the top 15 along with normal three running backs. LT2 was number 7 on that list. Well, have the league did not show up so 8 QB's went in first two rounds. I had first pick and there was almost nothing when it came back to me the first time, and then by 4th round McNair was best guy available. Oh well. The best part of the whole thing is there was a 4 RB/3WR draft limit, so those idiot teams still got some servicable backs in the later rounds. That league pissed me off because the roster limit was in a sub directory of league rules.

I did not want to list me rosters though because then this should really move to another forum.....but you asked :)
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:14 pm

Kellys Heroes wrote:Hasselbeck.. he had 24 tds last yr while SA had almost 30..
you think that if SA only has 20 then Hass will have at least 30

Did he ever throw 30 TD's when SA scored less then 20TD's? I dont think so. They just score fewer points and dont go to the superbowl.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:17 pm

BigMusky wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:What QBs do you have rostered right now?

In one league it is Bulgar and Warner
Other league it is McNair and Carr
Other league it is Delhomme alone

The McNair league was weird though because it was an NFL.com draft and their player rankings have 12 QB's in the top 15 along with normal three running backs. LT2 was number 7 on that list. Well, have the league did not show up so 8 QB's went in first two rounds. I had first pick and there was almost nothing when it came back to me the first time, and then by 4th round McNair was best guy available. Oh well. The best part of the whole thing is there was a 4 RB/3WR draft limit, so those idiot teams still got some servicable backs in the later rounds. That league pissed me off because the roster limit was in a sub directory of league rules.

I did not want to list me rosters though because then this should really move to another forum.....but you asked :)

Same thing happened to me in a couple NFL.com leagues. QBs flew off the board early and often, and I ended up with Big Ben/Kitna in one league. I floated the idea of trading one of my RBs for a QB Upgrade (Stacked at RB) and the offers I got were:

Leftwich for Rudi Johnson (Um, no.)
Vick for S-Jax (I countered Peyton for Mike Bell. 2 can play that game.)

Other than one league Carson fell to me in last year I've never had an "every week" kind of QB. I'll take my chances with the Bulgers, Delhommes, etc. of the world and quality backs and wideouts. Its worked out for me so far.

Go Kitna! :~(

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Posse » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:58 pm

There is only 1 QB worth trading for and that is Peyton.

Palmer would be there without his injury.

What we really need to know is your scoring system to really answer the question.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk