week one predictions for kevin jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

week one predictions for kevin jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:03 pm

That's nice.

I'm still laughing.

But carry the Kitna standard all you want. RAH RAH
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:05 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Are you people underestimating Detroit's new offense led by Jon Kitna or overestimating NFC West "JUGGERNAUT" Seattle D.

our predictions are 15 yards different than yours. you just threw in a td which is nothing but a fluke prediction.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:09 pm

awwchrist wrote:That's nice.

I'm still laughing.

Wasn't it Jon Kitna in his first season starting in Seattle that brought them to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade? Or was that a different Jon Kitna? Was it Jon Kitna that turned around the Bengal's from laughingstock of the league, to comeback team of the decade? OR was that a different Jon Kitna as well.

Didn't Kitna turn Chad Johnson into a superstars BTW? Ever heard of a kid named Roy Williams?
Last edited by Kensat30 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:11 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Are you people underestimating Detroit's new offense led by Jon Kitna or overestimating NFC West "JUGGERNAUT" Seattle D.

our predictions are 15 yards different than yours. you just threw in a td which is nothing but a fluke prediction.

Kevin Jones is now a big part of the passing offense, that's why I gave him a TD. And there is a pretty big difference between 65 and 80 yards. Should I bump it up to 90 yards and a TD, or do I only become different if I shout out ONE HUNDRED YARDS!!!@# I RAISE TO 150!@#!@# TWO HUNDRED!!!!! SOLD
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mrblitz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:12 pm

I'd go with, 74 yards rushing, 29 receiving, and 1 touchdown.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:16 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:

Kevin Jones is now a big part of the passing offense, that's why I gave him a TD. And there is a pretty big difference between 65 and 80 yards. Should I bump it up to 90 yards and a TD, or do I only become different if I shout out ONE HUNDRED YARDS!!!@# I RAISE TO 150!@#!@# TWO HUNDRED!!!!! SOLD

wow he's a big part of the passing offense and he is thier featured back...so you give him 80 yards. way to go out on a limb.

and steven jackson had two recieving touchdowns under mike martz, so im not sure how him being involved in the passing game helps you predict tds.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Bowie » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:20 pm

40-50 yards and an injury.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:33 pm

No disrespect to Kensat, but I don't like KJ this week. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. If KJ scores, it will probably be on a pass, since SEA gave up a total of 5 rushing TDs last year. I will probably wait until after the CHI game to start him

Anyways, I am starting Gore vs. ARI over him this week. Zona gave up 22 rush TDs last year, so I figure Gore has much better odds of scoring.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby awwchrist » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:38 pm

Kensat30 wrote:

I'm still laughing.

Wasn't it Jon Kitna in his first season starting in Seattle that brought them to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade? Or was that a different Jon Kitna?

I appreciated what the little engine tried for us. Really. On a team with a bunch of overachievers. But seattle fans knew the wheels were falling off eventually. And it did. We barely made the playoffs. And the next year we were 3 games worse with damn near the same exact players and coaching staff.

I'm just razzing the lil guy. Heart as big as all get out. But I find it lacking that you're pulling out his two career achievements, and omitting the rest.

It's an easy position for you to point to his playoff year and his last full starting season in Cincy and say "there's the Kitna".

But what about his 2000-2002 seasons?

2000 62.0 2658 18 19
2001 53.9 3216 12 22
2002 62.2 3178 16 16

Barely a 1:1 TD ratio and a snort over 3000yds/season.

That kid's a patch on an inflatable wheel. Not a leader.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:42 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:

I'm still laughing.

Wasn't it Jon Kitna in his first season starting in Seattle that brought them to the playoffs for the first time in over a decade? Or was that a different Jon Kitna?

I appreciated what the little engine tried for us. Really. On a team with a bunch of overachievers. But seattle fans knew the wheels were falling off eventually. And it did. We barely made the playoffs. And the next year we were 3 games worse with damn near the same exact players and coaching staff.

I'm just razzing the lil guy. Heart as big as all get out. But I find it lacking that you're pulling out his two career achievements, and omitting the rest.

It's an easy position for you to point to his playoff year and his last full starting season in Cincy and say "there's the Kitna".

But what about his 2000-2002 seasons?

2000 62.0 2658 18 19
2001 53.9 3216 12 22
2002 62.2 3178 16 16

Barely a 1:1 TD ratio and a snort over 3000yds/season.

That kid's a patch on an inflatable wheel. Not a leader.

and my backup this year(behind carson like he likes it) :-o he'll be servicalble imo.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk