Edge rips the Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edge rips the Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Don't see how people can rip on Polian...the guy is the Bill Belicheck of GM's.

did you read the interview?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:26 pm

I think fiscally this move made sense, and with the Colts penchant for 1st round draft picks, I wouldn't be that worried. What will kill the Colts is that they never make enough room to seriously upgrade their defense, and ultimately they have not gotten any worse or better in the past ~3 years. When you're in a weak division that doesn't matter too much, but when you're still falling short in the playoffs, you need to find a way to improve.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:44 pm

In 7years, Edge has had 40 20+ carries.

To put that into prespective...

Edge 40 in 7 years
LT2 45 in 5 years
LJ 19 in 2 years (taking out his rookie season when he carried only 20 times)
SA 57 in 5 years (again, taking out rookie season)
Tiki 64 in 30 years

and so on. The guy might be a tool for taking a cheap shot at Edge, but he's got a point. Edge isn't really a break away guy. What edge is, though, is a grinder. He'll stick it in and get the tough yards. He's also arguably the best blocking back in the league. As he pointed out.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Borderline playoff team.

LOL..That's laughable being in their division. Advancing in the playoffs is one thing, but playing with Houston and Tennessee, and their only other real divisional competition being Jacksonville...I would think barring major injury issues they should be in there.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:50 pm

moochman wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:I sense bad things for the Colt's as a team this year. Losing Edge is going to hurt them a lot more than people expect IMO. Manning will get his, but the overall team will not be better than they have been the past 2 or 3 years. Borderline playoff team.

I kind of get that feeling too, I think their descent won't be as sharp as you do but they are on the way down. Just don't see them ever getting as close as they were last season.

I'm with Kensat and Mooch. The Colts are going to miss Edge more than they think. They'll still make the playoffs, but I think all the so-called "experts" that have the Colts headed to Miami are way off.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Reillyshoe » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 am

As last seasons Pats can attest, baaad things can happen when the offense loses balance. Brady led the league in passing, yet the offense became predictable and less consistant without a good running attack. If the Colts can't run effectively, look for Manning's picks to go up, and TDs to go down.
Reillyshoe
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby houstonoilers » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:32 am

isnt it harder to break runs when defenses are in cover 2 and cover 3.I always thought, no expert here, that when you crowd the line a scrimmage is when you get behind the secondary and have the BIG gains, granted you can get past the backers. If this is true how could Edge break any long runs?
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk