Portis says he's targeting Week 2 as return date - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Portis says he's targeting Week 2 as return date

Moderator: Football Moderators

Portis says he's targeting Week 2 as return date

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:49 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2579453

Portis says he'll probaby return for second game
Associated Press

ASHBURN, Va. -- Redskins running back Clinton Portis is targeting Washington's second game for his return from a shoulder injury.

He essentially ruled himself out for the Monday night opener against the Minnesota Vikings. He wore a helmet and his No. 26 jersey during the entire practice Friday for the first time since partially dislocating his left shoulder four weeks ago, but said he was focusing on the upcoming games against Dallas and Houston.

"The way things look, bro, you'll probably be seeing 2-6 against Dallas," Portis said. "But who knows? If not, I should be ready for Houston. They want me to be 100 percent."

Portis said he has had no full contact on his shoulder, which he hurt making a tackle in the preseason opener against Cincinnati.

"I tried to show coach that I still had it, but I don't think he fell for it," said Portis, who rushed for a franchise-record 1,516 yards last season. "I tried to hit the bag, but it was wet, so it didn't make me look too good."

Portis, who rushed for a franchise-record 1,516 yards last season, has started 31 of 32 games since joining the Redskins in 2004. Ladell Betts, who started the game Portis missed, is expected to start Monday.

i think its time to sit him and look for other options at running back.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:50 pm

I sure hope he is back quickly. I have already started W. Parker ahead of him for this week.

As long as he is back for the feast against Houston in week 3... }:-)
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:21 pm

Man, I let RBs slide once I was able to land Edge and Portis in the first 2 rounds until I landed Jamal... guess it's Ahman Green this week against the Bears... :-°
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:48 pm

Well I just need a big game from one of my 3 others that I'm starting :-°
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:13 pm

Doh...0 points out of my RB1 slot this week.

Still happy he's doing it though, I think most would rather him miss a week if it means he has a better chance of lasting longer during the season.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:24 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:I sure hope he is back quickly. I have already started W. Parker ahead of him for this week.

As long as he is back for the feast against Houston in week 3... }:-)

Okay, maybe someone can clue me in, but why does everyone seem to have the opinion that because Houston is a bad team overall, their defense is terrible. Their offensive line might still be one of the worst in the league, but they have a shut down CB in Robinson, DeMeco Ryans looks like the early favorite for defensive RoY, and their defense wasn't that bad to begin with. Mario Williams, Anthony Weaver, and ND Kalu were added to bolster the pass rush.

Sure, Portis shouldn't have any trouble, but its all opposing defenses that will feast on Houston, not all opposing offenses.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk