San Diego Chargers???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

San Diego Chargers????

Moderator: Football Moderators

San Diego Chargers????

Postby Boozer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 pm

A guy in my league who I am facing this week has Rivers, LT, McCardell, Gates, Kaeding, and San Diego DEF/SPT. I personally think this is so stupid. Why would you want to load up on guys from the same team?!?!?! If the team does poor, you are screwed. If they play well and score a lot, then that could be good.

I am just wondering if anyone knew why someone would want a lot of guys from the same team, besides being bias towards that team. This seems very risky IMO, especially with a young QB starting.
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JZA80 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:32 pm

He's a homer :-?

Basically playing FFB from a fan's point of few instead of the FFB point of view.

Although, SD does have a favorable matchup this week against Oakland. I don't see much happening from the Raiders defense, so the potential to score points is there.
JZA80
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:12 pm

I'm a Lions' fan so they beat the homerism out of me long ago.

What he did was fine. You have to take LT Gates out of the equasion simply because of their studdom. He got a top three RB, top TE, Top ten PK and a sleeper QB. SD D I'm luke warm on. I've seen worse.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SDChargerFan » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:31 pm

I agree with Moochman, anyone would be starting LT and Gates every week, a kicker is a kicker, the Def should do ok against Oakland and Rivers and McCardell could have good weeks as well although I wouldnt have drafted them, overall should work out ok "this week". This is a clear example of putting all your eggs in one basket, could be great but will most likely sink you as the season goes on(especially with SD this year...even though I am a Chargers fan).

I learned long ago that you cant let your loyalties as a fan affect your choices in fantasy.

We have a person in our league that wont start a player that is playing against their favorite team even if it was LT, Alexander, LJ etc...
SDChargerFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:35 pm

Had a guy do that last year with the Steelers. But he forgot about Parker :-b
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Return to Football Talk