KC's WR Depth Chart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

KC's WR Depth Chart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jazzmanljg » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:53 pm

I don't think KC's offense will be the super power it has been. The loss of Roaf in particular will hurt. That being said, they are NOT learning a new system. They promoted from within (Solari) so that they could keep the same system. Edwards went on record as soon as he took the job saying that he didn't want to mess with the offense. I think the major change will be that Edwards will put the handcuffs on when KC has the lead to try and run the clock down and keep their D off the field compared to the Vermeil/Saunders approach of trying to win every game in a shoot out.
jazzmanljg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bulger2holt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:24 pm

I have kennison as my # 3 wr, along with michael clayton and troy williamson. decent depth imo.
bulger2holt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:17 am

jazzmanljg wrote:I don't think KC's offense will be the super power it has been. The loss of Roaf in particular will hurt. That being said, they are NOT learning a new system. They promoted from within (Solari) so that they could keep the same system. Edwards went on record as soon as he took the job saying that he didn't want to mess with the offense. I think the major change will be that Edwards will put the handcuffs on when KC has the lead to try and run the clock down and keep their D off the field compared to the Vermeil/Saunders approach of trying to win every game in a shoot out.

That has to be very comforting knowing that the worse clock manager in the history of football wants to put the handcuffs on the O. That could be disasterous for the Chiefs. I hate it when a coach wants to control a game to that effect. It always gives the other team a chance to stay close and steal a game. Having Herm doing it is worse news for LJ than losing Roaf. IMO. Herm will become very predictable.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: KC's WR Depth Chart

Postby swyck » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:59 am

RC wrote:Obviously KC's never been a great play for WR's, but a WR1 is a WR1 in a deep pool, regardless of the team.

With 2 straight 1000 yard 60 catch seasons I'd say Kennison has been a great play.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby jazzmanljg » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:35 pm

[quote="moochman"][quote="jazzmanljg"]I don't think KC's offense will be the super power it has been. The loss of Roaf in particular will hurt. That being said, they are NOT learning a new system. They promoted from within (Solari) so that they could keep the same system. Edwards went on record as soon as he took the job saying that he didn't want to mess with the offense. [b]I think the major change will be that Edwards will put the handcuffs on when KC has the lead to try and run the clock down and keep their D off the field compared to the Vermeil/Saunders approach of trying to win [/b]every game in a shoot out.[/quote]

That has to be very comforting knowing that the worse clock manager in the history of football wants to put the handcuffs on the O. That could be disasterous for the Chiefs. I hate it when a coach wants to control a game to that effect. It always gives the other team a chance to stay close and steal a game. Having Herm doing it is worse news for LJ than losing Roaf. IMO. Herm will become very predictable.[/quote]

I disagree, I don't think it will be bad for the Chiefs or LJ. I think it will help the D in KC alot. Also, Larry should rack up more 4th quarter carries as compared to previous years when the last quarter was often a shoot out. It will cut into Green and the WR (getting back to the original post) numbers. IMO
jazzmanljg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk