Lost this job before the interview started.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lost this job before the interview started....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:01 pm

I wouldn't hire any guy wearing a Steelers tie. :-P

Or Eagles, Redskins, Giants, 49ers, Packers ties. :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:17 am

Maybe he will feel sorry for you and give you the job. ;-7
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:15 am

I wouldn't worry about it. If he was the type of guy that wouldn't hire you based on the football team you root for, you don't want to work for him anyway. I'm extremely doubtful that they're were any repercussions to wearing that tie.

Funny story, though.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:26 am

A few years ago I had one position to fill and two worthy candidates. Both had basically the same qualities so it was just a matter of instinct and how I felt about each one. I couldn't decide, but one was a Niner fan. He got the job. B-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 am

Jimboozie wrote:I wouldn't hire any guy wearing a Steelers tie. :-P

Or Eagles, Redskins, Giants, 49ers, Packers ties. :-t

I wouldn't hire anyone wearing any NFL tie.

My wife won't even wear her wedding ring to interviews because of the stereotypes. After she has been hired, people commented on it, and said it was a smart move. It's just the world we live in.

Any tie with an "emblem" of any kind really isn't appropriate for a job interview.

Get a plain blue or red tie and wear it with a blue suit. No one can ever say anything bad about that. ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:05 am

The Balanced Man wrote:Get a plain blue or red tie and wear it with a blue suit. No one can ever say anything bad about that. ;-D

Power-tie!
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:27 pm

You might have lost the job but hey think what you got from the steelers victory last Janruary.......

Wait....?? doh! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:40 pm

I tried to get a job through a temp agency, somehow football came up. I said Redskins she said cowpukes, i didn't get any leads from her. Got a job on my own though ;-D
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:20 pm

The Balanced Man wrote:My wife won't even wear her wedding ring to interviews because of the stereotypes. After she has been hired, people commented on it, and said it was a smart move. It's just the world we live in.

Discrimination based on Marital Status is the least common among the protected bases under Title VII. It's odd that she would have issues with wearing a wedding ring to an interview.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:54 pm

knapplc wrote:
The Balanced Man wrote:My wife won't even wear her wedding ring to interviews because of the stereotypes. After she has been hired, people commented on it, and said it was a smart move. It's just the world we live in.

Discrimination based on Marital Status is the least common among the protected bases under Title VII. It's odd that she would have issues with wearing a wedding ring to an interview.

Just because some people are paranoid, doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get them. ;-)
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk