worst teacher you ever had? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

worst teacher you ever had?

Moderator: Football Moderators

worst teacher you ever had?

Postby Guru13 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:46 pm

had a lady in 8th grade that made me wanna pull my hair out, well me and my friend that is, she was just...unexplainable, how about you guys?
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:53 pm

Worst teacher? Had a guy last year who taught economics, and we did NOTHING, he was a decently smart man, but he was considered one of the coolest teachers in the school (mainly because he swore/gave out free A's/etc.)

Unfortunately this same man was fired over the summer for going out with one of his students :-o
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The_Captain » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:00 pm

Worst teacher I ever had was my 11th grade Geometry teacher - she was a total b**** and when you asked for help she more or less belittled you for not being able to figure out the answer yourself.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:07 pm

I was called out in class in the 4th grade for getting the wrong their/they're. She was a world class tool...and the principal's wife.

My wife likes to tell the story of a bad teacher. My wife doesn't run fevers very often, so when she told the teacher she didn't feel good, the teacher didn't believe her because she wasn't running a fever. The teacher made my wife pass out books because it was her turn. My wife promtly vomited pepto-bismal on the books.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:20 pm

With me it always has seemed to be English teachers.

For 6th and 8th grade specifically, but also for a lot more years, my teachers were total - simply terrible all for various reasons.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm

mysticphysh wrote:I was called out in class in the 4th grade for getting the wrong their/they're. She was a world class tool...and the principal's wife.

My wife likes to tell the story of a bad teacher. My wife doesn't run fevers very often, so when she told the teacher she didn't feel good, the teacher didn't believe her because she wasn't running a fever. The teacher made my wife pass out books because it was her turn. My wife promtly vomited pepto-bismal on the books.

hahaha ;-D

i remember one substitute i had in 1st grade didnt let us run at recess. :-t

and in 8th grade i lost my wallet at school, and my science teacher found it (this was not during a class, so no one else knew about it). first he proceeded to lecture me about how i shouldnt be carrying a wallet with a lot of money around school (i did overdo it, but i was already worked up about thinking id lost it). then the next day he decided to tell the whole class about it. not to mention that he told very stupid jokes. :-t
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:I was called out in class in the 4th grade for getting the wrong their/they're. She was a world class tool...and the principal's wife.

hahaha ;-D

i remember one substitute i had in 1st grade didnt let us run at recess. :-t

and in 8th grade i lost my wallet at school, and my science teacher found it (this was not during a class, so no one else knew about it). first he proceeded to lecture me about how i shouldnt be carrying a wallet with a lot of money around school (i did overdo it, but i was already worked up about thinking id lost it). then the next day he decided to tell the whole class about it. not to mention that he told very stupid jokes. :-t

was that mr. martin?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:09 pm

I've thought about it and I really don't remember my worst teacher. I remember there were some teachers I didn't like very much, but I really remember my favorite teacher. It was 4th grade and coming into her class we heard all kinds of rumors about how horrible she was, how mean she was. Turns out, those rumors were true. I was a bit of a hellraiser and got into trouble all the time. She'd make me stand in the hall all the time. I was on a first name basis with the older kids (5th & 6th graders) which was pretty cool. But she knew what she was doing. She encouraged my scientific interest and eventually helped me write a kid's book, The Adventures of Myself. I was awarded a top 100 finish out of 200,000 contestants because of this woman and we stayed in contact years after I left her class. She was tough, but there's nothing wrong with that. I invited her to my wedding and was a very good friend to my mother, who passed away in 2000. She brought reality to a young classroom and made a huge difference in the life of a young man. I will forever remember The Witch in Room 103.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby confused_jake » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:58 am

The worst teacher i ever had as far as not being able to teach was my 9th grade science teacher mrs. bhaskar. She was really funny and stuff but was indian and spoke REALLY broken english. I honestly don't know how she got a teaching degree in america because i couldnt hear what that woman was saying 9/10. It would end up sounding like this "Jacob take out your adofuhdsuofhs;dljhvljnfdslgjhfldush right now!" she never understood that i prefer jake over jacob. even when we could understand her all she talked about was how much her kids were pissing her off. i love that woman, but she couldnt teach einstein.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Redskins Win » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:24 am

I can't think of a worts teacher I had, well i had a geometry teacher that i didn't like but looking back it was probably geometry that I didn't and well school in general.
However, when i was doing my student teaching there was this big black gym teacher that i almost got in a fight with. he was a total dik.
He said to me look how you're dressed what kinda sh*t is that. this from a guy who's wearing a sweatsuit. and he said it to me in front a group of kids. Now, I'm just a college student i was wearing khakis and a polo shirt.
I said who the f are you talking to. he said you beatch.
I said you don't know me you don't talk to me that way and proceeded to walk away furious, FURIOUS. as I'm walking he said i know you and i'll say what the F i want. i just kept walking. called my college advisor and told him the deal, i was moved to a different school the next day.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk