worst teacher you ever had? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

worst teacher you ever had?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:40 am

My worst teacher was my spanish teacher I had two years in a row...The guy drank in class secretly and had it out to get me cause he had my bro and sis. and those two werent angels in his class. So he kicked me out and tried to give my a bad grade on tests, but I had to show it to another spanish teacher to get the correct score. I got 20 detetions from this guys. Out of those 7 were sat. :-t

Mr. Cadoret was his name, but he talked liked a completely ...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby South Park Cows » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:49 am

I remember a sub I had back in 4th grade that I just argued with all day. She didn't even have a chance to teach or assign anything because we were at each other's throats constantly. I still remember that day clearly... somebody who doesn't know how many states there are shouldn't be teaching anyways.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:39 pm

I had a 4th grade teacher who had gone through a divorce over summer, and I believe suffered from raging PMS. My class and I had 9 weeks of absolute hell that year. I couldn't wait for summer. :-°
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:56 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:I had a 4th grade teacher who had gone through a divorce over summer, and I believe suffered from raging PMS. My class and I had 9 months of absolute hell that year. I couldn't wait for summer. :-°
fixed.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:58 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:I had a 4th grade teacher who had gone through a divorce over summer, and I believe suffered from raging PMS. My class and I had 9 months of absolute hell that year. I couldn't wait for summer. :-°
fixed.

yea it always sucks when a situation happens like that were a teacher takes out his/her own problems on the students.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The_Dude » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:19 am

Good, no one has said "The_Dude" yet. :-°

The worst teacher I ever had was my intro to psychology professor in college. It was a big lecture class and one morning before class, this girl had a bi-polar incident. She got up in front of the class and started lecturing about nonsense. He did an ok job handling it, but then, when we were talking about mental disorders and schizophrenia, he kept referring back to this incident during the semester - a totally insensitive prick.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:02 am

The_Captain wrote:Worst teacher I ever had was my 11th grade Geometry teacher - she was a total b**** and when you asked for help she more or less belittled you for not being able to figure out the answer yourself.

I had a teacher for math in grade 11 whose name I cannot recall now, but he was such a d**k to people when they couldn't grasp something that one kid in my class actually snapped the desktop corner off (about 1.25 inch thick particle board) from holding in his desire to pummel the living snot out of the teacher. Picture a guy 6'4" and around 265lbs getting viciously berated by a guy 5'11" and around 140lbs - it would not have been a pretty sight if he had taken it out on the teach rather than the desk :-o

We had a substitute for a month while the guy was dealing with his wife succumbing to cancer and the class average increased somewhere around 12-15% in that month because the sub actually took the time to TEACH when someone did not understand.

He died about 4 years after I graduated, and while discussing it with my Mom I was overheard by a friend of hers who had him 15 years before I did and she was emotionally scarred enough by him that she actually cheered when she heard the old bass-turd had kicked it - thereby killing my theory that his wife's illness had a lot to do with his bad attitude...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:22 am

I had a female Eighth Grade teacher that told me in front of the class - "I hope you never get married"... amongst other nasty things. I was a brat though and she was going through a pregnancy.

I had another male teacher in the 6th grade who grabbed me by both shoulders and shook me violently in front of the class for about 15-30 secs... saying "what is your problem!!!" In fairness, someone might have told him that I (using my timex watch) reflected a perfect circle on his forehead for the entire class the day before... the class was laughing the whole time and he couldn't figure out why. Every time he asked, the kids just laughed harder.

I had an 10th grade female math teacher that physically flirted with me (very touchy feely and would make comments about me). She even let me sit at her big desk during class and do my own thing (but she was middle-aged and not hot).

I had an 11th grade teacher that told the class, when I wasn't there, that she was going to flunk me. The issue was that I stayed home a lot because school was easy for me, so I'd just have my friends pass in my homework and I'd just come in to ace the tests... she couldn't fathom it. The next year, the school passed a mandatory attendence policy. Out of the approximately 180 days of school, I missed about 66 days (still got straight A's). They passed a rule the next year to cap it at 20 days or you get an incomplete.

I had a Health Ed teacher who got scared - he thought that I died in his class... out late the night before and fell asleep. I guess he ask the person next to me to nudge me and I didn't respond. Good guy though.

Overall, I feel a little bad for some of my teachers... but some of them were a little whacky too.

Don't even get me started on school bus drivers...
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:13 pm

The two worst teachers I have ever had were both Math Teachers and both Football coaches. The first one was Algebra I and the man was a year or two from retirement. All he could was slur in his hick accent, that we weren't smart enough to grasp the concept. I didn't like that man. Sad thing is he didn't do a good job at coaching! We were like 1-21 my first two years of high school. The other was my senior year in Algebra II, this dude was a total jacka$$! Not only could he not teach, he was immature, and rude, and flirted WAYYYY too much with 15-16 year olds. At least he could coach I guess.... I would say it was just me and my math, but I loved my geometry teacher my junior yr., got A-'s to B's in her classes!

Anyway my best teacher ever was my Spanish teacher my sophomore yr. She took a D- student form the year before in Spanish I and by the last nine weeks of the Semester, I got a 100% on my report card! That was cool.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk