how am i doing? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

how am i doing?

Moderator: Football Moderators

how am i doing?

Postby ADouble » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:40 pm

Hey everyone. I play in a standard FF league with standard scoring rules. I start 2 QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1DEF, and 1 K. I think my weakness is at QB. Do you think my players can carry this team or do i need to make a trade for a QB?

RB Ahman Green
Priest Holmes
Charlie Garner
Mike Alstott

QB Tom Brady
Jay Fiedler
John Kitna (my bad)

WR David Boston
Curtis Conway
James Thrash
Laverneus Coles

DEF Cleveland
Miami

Do I need to trade????? I have a friend willing to deal me Aaron Brooks - is there a quality straight up trade here? Let me know and I will reply to your post. Thanks.
ADouble

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:21 pm

You really don't have much to trade with here. Brooks is well below Green and Holmes, but is far above most of your other players. The only guy that is about even with Brooks is Boston, and you probably don't want to get rid of him. If it were me, I'd dump Kitna pronto and try to find a sleeper WR and trade Boston for Brooks.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cwebb » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:21 pm

Well, Fiedler isn't all that bad but Brooks surely is ahead of him, Garner could be of value to some other teams as well as Alstott but considering you have to start QBs a trade involving Fiedler and Garner for Brooks and a WR/RB backup would be fair....
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Not bad as you think in QB

Postby Darin » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:45 pm

I think Brady will have a good year, Fiedler will also be a good backup QB. He is not a 40 TD QB like Warner, but he did in the high 20's last year.

You should be a little moer concerned with your RB corps. Green is solid and has a good schedule for scoring points. Holmes is a big question mark as to if he can produce like last year. He has been very inconsistant year-in, year-out. Alstot is on the outs in Atlanta, but will get a few TD's. Garner shares the load with Wheatly.

If you league is big on RB, try to pick up one more in some way...

Darin
Darin

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:54 pm

problem with his rbs? depth may be a problem, but holmes and green are two great starters. garner is ok, and alstott is servicable even though he will lose carries (in tampa bay, not atlanta???)

qbs is ur biggest problem area, but they should be ok, not sure who i'd start between the two.

def drop kitna and pick up a rb or wr.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Response to Terpfan

Postby Darin » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:09 pm

The issue I have with the RB's is that Holmes is a big ? as far as productivity. Plus, if he gets a slow start the coach has a history of a short chain and yank, back to RB by committee. That is the history of the team and the RB position, plus Holmes has never proven to be a reliable RB.

Therefore, you do not have an alternative to Holmes with Garner and Alstot. Atlanta with with their number one pick to a RB, granted a rookie, but that spells a lot of bench time for Alstot.

Garner is already in a RB by committee situation in Oakland, but will get more touches and TD's than alstot. This is my only concern with the RB team he has.

Darin
Darin

Postby terpfan » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:19 pm

alstott plays in tampa bay, not atlanta. ur thinking of warrick dunn.
thats what confused me the most...

alstott will lose carries to pittman in tampa. (or more likely pittman will lose carries to alstott)

i do see ur point though. if holmes is a fluke (which i dont think he will be) they doesnt have much insurance. that could be a BIG problem.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk