Need help for your team ? "Trolling for the DEEP FISH" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Need help for your team ? "Trolling for the DEEP FISH"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help for your team ? "Trolling for the DEEP FISH"

Postby Sharx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:59 pm

I just wanted to quick remind people that are in need.....I picked up these particular players in my leagues recently that were overlooked by someone. Remember you have to have players that are "not worthy" to drop on their "keesters" to pick up these over-looked potential helpers. They may be there or if your in a league of stud managers they aren't. These pickups are truly "for gambling purposes only". You may have another loser in the bunch OR if you have roster room and this guy goes big then you made the mid-season pickup to help you win it all.

I say these guys have potential because WHO THE HECK KNOWS....

Michael Bennett......(picked up in 2 of my leagues) surprised a few guys that forgot he was a FA there and will be back sometime soon.....and if he is good to go he will make Ont, Moe and the other Schmoe take a seat of pine.

Jimmy Smith.....ok I know the deal.....but sometimes guys like this want to come back and just explode to make up for their utter earlier stupidity.

David Boston......someone had dropped him. Another major risk here. He could do NADA and then maybe your prayers for a WR that actually does something will be answered. I am not one much for having guys as head cases but I had room on the "pine" for him.

Jerry Porter......this may be a little early and may never pan out but I had so many studs at WR that I could afford to "bench" him and wait......wait.....well I AM waiting.....but see Raider WR corp. not doing the Al Davis bombs......can't wait much longer.

I am sure there are others that you can "troll" for that others have over-looked. These pickups are what make the difference from at the mimimum of a playoof team and maybe a Champ team.
While football is King HOCKEY is the 2nd coming.
Sharx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:06 pm

Are you in a two man league? In my league all of these guys were gone by the 8th round of 20, incl. Bennett.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Tiki Fan » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:29 pm

Goose wrote:Are you in a two man league? In my league all of these guys were gone by the 8th round of 20, incl. Bennett.

I just picked Bennett up as a FA last week. No one had touched him.
Tiki Fan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Sharx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:31 pm

No all my leagues are 12 team leagues. But many guys do not want a guy sitting on the pine for weeks. Notice I did not say Michael Vick. That guy is an exception I damn well hope. But the others were either dropped or left in the shadows.
Sharx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer

Postby BrokenLizards » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:32 pm

Same here, I was just skimming the waivers and my jaw dropped when i saw him sitting there. So i just grabbed him up last week also ;-D
BrokenLizards
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:46 pm

No insult intended, I must be in a competitive or very spastic league (I guess). Right now, there are no RBs on the waiver wire worth anything (12 team league with 19 man rosters). Maybe the roster size is the key/problem.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby booster » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:50 pm

THe only one of those guys on our WW is Porter. Should I pick him up? Would you drop Thrash or Conway for him?

QB--Maddox, Kitna
WR--Ward, Mason, Boldin, Streets, Conway, Thrash
RB--Alexander, Lewis, Barlow, Bettis
K--Reed
Def--Varies by week

Start--1QB 3WR 2 RB 1K 1 Def
THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!
booster
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Location: On an inch and 3/4 deep in the heart of a three alarm fire!

Postby Sharx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:21 pm

Well Goose I am in 15-man team leagues so having those extra 4 spots makes it easier to "park" a guy that is not gonna play for a few weeks.
Sharx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer

Postby Sharx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:30 pm

Only drop Thrash if you have other WR's since I like Conway just a tad more. I think these (Porter and the others) are a gamble no doubt. But the gamble becomes less risky if you already have 1 or 2 stud WR's. Then if you lose Thrash and Porter does NOT do much then not much lost.
Sharx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer

Postby booster » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:56 pm

I have to hold onto Thrash and COnway for a few more weeks. Do you think Porter would be that much better then Thrash. Is Porter going to come back and all the sudden everything be fixed? I don't know. I kinda think when Mcnabb gets rolling he is going to be giving more looks Thrashes way.
THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!
booster
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Location: On an inch and 3/4 deep in the heart of a three alarm fire!

Return to Football Talk