Multiple Players with the same bye week. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Multiple Players with the same bye week.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Multiple Players with the same bye week.

Postby CeeLoGreen » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:14 pm

I am in a 16 team big money league and due to lack of options late in the draft, I ended up with my TE, K and Def all having the same bye week. We carry 7 reserves.

My question. I have limited bench spots and like my depth. Would you sacrifice a player who might help you just to play a backup TE, K or Def? Or take the hit one week by not playing a TE. All three positions are weak on the waiver wire due to league size.

My team:

QB - M. Hasselbeck
RB - C. Williams
RB - F. Gore
RB/WR - C. Taylor
WR - T. Glenn
WR - K. McCardell
TE - B. Watson
K - S. Gostkowski
Def - New England

QB - C. Simms
RB - J. Norwood
RB - M. Pittman
RB - T. Henry
WR - D. Givens
WR - G. Jennings
TE - T. Sheffler

I could drop Sheffler for a defense and Gostkowski for a waiver kicker like O. Mare and run with no TE. Or drop a position player to make room for a backup kicker or Def.

What do you guys suggest ???
CeeLoGreen
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gnu314 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:23 pm

I play matchup D so I never keep a bench Defense, ever.

When my kicker's bye week comes I just drop him and pick up someone else and run with that guy for the season unless he gets hurt or sucks.

Depending on my matchup the week of my TE's bye a lot of times I'll just run with no TE for the week instead of carrying one on my bench. If its going to be really close and I need the points I'll pick one up but I don't like to do that.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Infidel » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:55 pm

Don't know how you could expect an intelligent response w/o posting the scoring system.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sierra Mountain Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:12 pm

OUR league.......Only holdover is D and K........ben playin fer years......This works
Sierra Mountain Man
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smee » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:14 pm

I'm a moron too. I have Bledsoe, TO, and Glenn so I'm in a hole week three.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:47 pm

I'm surprised there are any solid starting kickers on waivers in a 16 team league. At least a few people will grab a backup in the draft, and there are probably only 25 or so "surething" starting kickers out there..I would drop Sheffler and pickup Mare ASAP.

Carry two kickers all year long just to insure against injury. If your only guy goes down or loses his job (Gostkowski=rookie), then you will be SOL if there is nothing on the WW to use. Seriously, kickers may not be worth a whole damn in fantasy, but if you don't have one to play it can end your season QUICK, they do score points.

In such a large league, don't expect there to be anything just sitting there on the waivers for you to grab at your leisure, you gotta be proactive about it. I would probably drop Pittman to grab a defense as well. Going without a TE for a week isn't the end of the world. But a week without a TE, K, D is almost a guaranteed loss. And I can assure you, there will be plenty of teams out there this year trying to pickup a backup kicker and/or defense on week 6 and 7 when SIX teams are on bye. Don't be left out in the cold..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk