Madden! Breaking news! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madden! Breaking news!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby brdmaverick » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:58 pm

I didn't mind Miller, I thought he was pretty good.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:59 pm

Miller obviously scripted parts of his diatribe. Madden is at least spontaneous.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Sharx » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:41 pm

Face it they Madden. Michaels and MNC Crew have to do something with a game that is not one that's "hot" on their schedule.
While football is King HOCKEY is the 2nd coming.
Sharx
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe Writer

Postby zombiez » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:50 pm

Madden has always had his favorites.I remember when the Cowboys were winning Super Bowls.....seemed like he did every game ....and all he did was talk about how great the Cowboys were.....and the Hoggs.....very Brilliant, but also very Biased
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby booster » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:52 pm

I have to say I did like Miller on MNF. I liked his little commentary he did before each game. It was always funny to see Al trying to figure out what Dennis had just said. It always just went Shhooooosh, right over his head.
THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!!!
booster
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Location: On an inch and 3/4 deep in the heart of a three alarm fire!

Postby yoda83 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:57 pm

odd thing about madden's man-crush on favre: during, i believe the monday night DAL-NYG game, madden was humming on larry allen and said that allen is one of only 2 active players in the nfl that are the absolute best at their position all time. the other? jerry rice. completely floored me. i kept waiting for him to somehow sneak favre's name into the discussion, w/ all the strokin madden's done over the years. but it never came up. i guess they were in the midst of a lover's quarrel or something.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hawksfan896 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:58 pm

Al wasn't too bad, Dan Fouts was the one mumbling and drooling on himself in the corner. Madden's bias has to come second to Bob Griese's when he was announcing Brian at Michigan though. He was just shy of screaming "Don't you dare hurt my son!" into the mic. I personally liked Miller, but I think his second (and last) season announcing was just one big, verbal middle finger to "the powers that be", because he knew he was toast. They were already talking about bringing Madden in. I can't really stand Madden too much, but I have to admit that he and Pat Summerall were fun to hear, mostly because they both sounded really drunk by about midway through the first quarter (I guess Pat really was most of the time, but ehh...he was a kicker, you gotta cut him some slack).
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Homeless » Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:11 am

Just dont know how anyone can NOT like Madden, the guy reminds me of my grand pa and he loves football.

I'll be very sad when his MNF tenure ends. :,-(
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby mikehunt » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:28 am

I have to agree with the pro Miller comments. As for madden he should stick to te EA ( rip you off no talent) sports gaming world. I cringe alot of the time it is like listening to that lank stupid a** basket ball anouncer Walton.
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SinCity » Tue Sep 30, 2003 1:49 am

I just like it when you can tell that Micheals is laughing at him and not with him. Just like Millers so I don't miss him at all.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk