What I h8 about the NFL...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What I h8 about the NFL......

Moderator: Football Moderators

What I h8 about the NFL......

Postby Sierra Mountain Man » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:25 pm

I am a NFL Diehard........Love it, live it, breath it.......But some things are just getting under my skin.... :-# ......araaaagh.....Like number 1......2 Monday night games.......This is nothing but a money grabbing ploy for the NFL......Some butthead yahoo came up with this idea and didn't give a thought to those NFL fans on the east coast that on a Monday night their team might not start till 10:30pm and not get over till 1:30 - 2:00am.......Hell if you got to get up at 6:00 and work....well screw you.......also the networks who keep putting female news casters on the sidelines for commentary during the games....I'm not a sexist or caveman....but most of these lipstick dipsticks should not be there ....How about a real sports authority.....maybe an ex football player that has credibility......at least somebody that has worn a jockstrap at leat once in their life........ :-° :-° ....Just venting
Sierra Mountain Man
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:30 pm

Ha! I love being on the west coast.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:45 pm

CST is the best. I've lived in all of them but Mountain and things just work for Central time. Getting up at 8.30 to get to a bar by 9.30am on a Sunday to catch the early games was just brutal. But staying up late to watch a game from the East Coast is also just painful.

Agreed on the two Monday night games. ESPN has had their mitts on the franchise for all of one game and they've already screwed up the formula.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:56 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:Ha! I love being on the west coast.

you love games starting at 10 am?? pass. central is where it's at.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:05 pm

I don't think it's that big of a deal, I think they are only doing the 2 Monday nighters once. If that's the case. Who cares if you can only watch one. You could only watch one in the past anyway. Now at least you have the option to watch 2.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Re: What I h8 about the NFL......

Postby Peacesells » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:48 pm

Sierra Mountain Man wrote:also the networks who keep putting female news casters on the sidelines for commentary during the games....I'm not a sexist or caveman....but most of these lipstick dipsticks should not be there ....How about a real sports authority.....maybe an ex football player that has credibility......at least somebody that has worn a jockstrap at leat once in their life........ :-° :-° ....Just venting

I don't know..Suzy K can walk my sideline anytime she pleases..plus when she was doing the Edge NFL match up shows her takes were usually much better than the ex-jocks that were on the show.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:51 pm

Who says "h8?"
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:54 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Who says "h8?"

avril lavine?
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:56 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Ha! I love being on the west coast.

you love games starting at 10 am?? pass. central is where it's at.

Hell yah. I don't know what I would do if I had to wait till 1:00pm for the first game.

As it is the anxiousness wakes me between 7:00 and 8:00. Those next 2-3 hours are dreadful. Can't sleep, nothing on but news.

Back on topic this does suck. Why have 2 monday night football games. Its just stupid if you really want ratings. Then the East Coasters get up in the morning to read the newspaper and see late by the results.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:02 pm

Who wouldn't like games at 10??? You get to sleep in!
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk