What I h8 about the NFL...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What I h8 about the NFL......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 pm

I don't mind the two MNF games. The second game is west coast teams anyway, so the only people with beef should be west coast fans living on the east coast. If that is the case, you probably wouldn't have seen the game if it were played on Sunday anyway. Unless you have a satellite package, I suppose.

As far as the sideline reporters, I remember Eric Dickerson should have put his well-worn jock strap over his mouth. And don't even get me started on Siragusa. I agree, I don't mind Kolber too much. Erin Andrews is where its at, though - she should stop doing college games and move to MNF.

I have a bigger problem with MNF. Why is the score in the middle of gd screen?!? It always covers up the receiver lined up on the bottom of the screen so you can't even see who is in the lineup. That's the worst...how ESPN made that decision is beyond belief.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:44 pm

What I hate about the NFL is all teh damn commercials. For God's sake, they take breaks in the game just so they can do commercials. How stupid is that ? The commercials should have to find their own way into the mix. I know commercials exist for a reason, #1, to essentially collect revenue to pay the players to play, and #2 so that consumers don't have to pay to watch teh games, but c'mon! Seems like when you watch a game it's about 80% commercials and 20% game. It's getting out of hand.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mnheadliner » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:23 pm

Machelle Tafoya (I butchered the spelling of her name) is legit in her knowledge and prep. She started out at the AM sports talk station KFAN in Minnesota and then went on to host the local WCCO (CBS) news as the No. 2 sports anchor. She was very very very good at it and was really No. 1 sports anchor grade but no way was she ever going to unseat Mark Rosen. She was so good at her job that she got hired by various national networks to do sideline stuff over the years. I am not sure what network she is currently with, but I do know this. She knows her stuff.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VaderFin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:34 pm

2 football games on Monday? I fail to see what is wrong with that.....
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smee » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:45 pm

Suzy Kolbar's voice is the audio equivalent of removing an india ink tattoo from your stomach with a cheese grater.

:-t

All that enthusiasm and perkiness, no thank you.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What I h8 about the NFL......

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:03 am

Sierra Mountain Man wrote:I am a NFL Diehard........Love it, live it, breath it.......But some things are just getting under my skin.... :-# ......araaaagh.....Like number 1......2 Monday night games.......This is nothing but a money grabbing ploy for the NFL......Some butthead yahoo came up with this idea and didn't give a thought to those NFL fans on the east coast that on a Monday night their team might not start till 10:30pm and not get over till 1:30 - 2:00am.......Hell if you got to get up at 6:00 and work....well screw you.......also the networks who keep putting female news casters on the sidelines for commentary during the games....I'm not a sexist or caveman....but most of these lipstick dipsticks should not be there ....How about a real sports authority.....maybe an ex football player that has credibility......at least somebody that has worn a jockstrap at leat once in their life........ :-° :-° ....Just venting

Well, I am a diehard football fan, and that is the only reason you didin't lose me when you started complaining about two MNF games. They could show 16 games on Sunday and play 16 more Monday and my appitite would not be sated. Not feeling ya at all there.

As for the sideline slu....girls. Since there hasn't been anything worth hearing from the sidelines since Suzy did Joe.......I mean the interview, you delinquints. I could care less about who is doing sideline reporting.
All I really want from the sideline reporter is an accurater injury report. The human interest stuff is crap for the masses. The chicks aren't there for men, anyway, they're there for women. Otherwise they'd have them dress like the skanks we all want them to be.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:12 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Ha! I love being on the west coast.

you love games starting at 10 am?? pass. central is where it's at.

Agreed.

Actually, Texas is where ir's at. ;-)
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crippler » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:49 am

awwchrist wrote:wouldn't surprise me that Andrea Kramer wears a jock strap.

Make you feel better?

sure made me chuckle ;-)

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dplymkr88 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:19 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:Who wouldn't like games at 10??? You get to sleep in!

hangovers need longer to sleep in.

Ding, Ding, Ding....we have a winner.
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Re: What I h8 about the NFL......

Postby The Lung » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:46 am

Sierra Mountain Man wrote:but most of these lipstick dipsticks should not be there

LOL at "lipstick dipstick!" :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk