NU vs. USC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

NU vs. USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

NU vs. USC

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:56 pm

Never too early to start discussing a game that i have been looking forward to for the past few months.

So far we've looked good against two subpar teams. Do we have what it takes to stay with the big dogs? Id like to hear what everyone thinks. Im hopefully optimistic at this point.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:16 pm

Nebraska is going to get trounced. I'm out on a limb I know. :-b

Bring on the homers!!!!! :-°
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:30 pm

Calling Nicholls State subpar is being generous. LOL.. :-b
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:08 pm

Keep thinking you're going to lose going into the game. Then after the carnage is over, you won't feel so bad.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:12 am

VaderFin wrote:Nebraska is going to get trounced. I'm out on a limb I know. :-b

Bring on the homers!!!!! :-°

Yea, I'm with Vader.
Not to be a jerk but I think USC wins by 14+.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BraylonIsAStud » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:05 am

USC wins a VERY close game. Nebraska won't get trounced as many are opt to thnk. Nebraska's opponents have been nothing to write home about but USC beating Arkansas really didn't prove anything to me. Arkansas finished 4-7 last year and really put a whoopin to Utah St. by the whopping score of 20-0??? in week 2. Those aren't the numbers of a good team, SEC or not.

That being said, I'm not at all convinced the Trojans the top 3 team they're being sold as. I'll definitely be putting my money on Nebraska if the line is more than 7 points for USC.
BraylonIsAStud
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:05 am

I think SUC will win but not by 14+. Both pretty good teams should make a good close game.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby CC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:14 pm

BraylonIsAStud wrote:USC wins a VERY close game. Nebraska won't get trounced as many are opt to thnk. Nebraska's opponents have been nothing to write home about but USC beating Arkansas really didn't prove anything to me. Arkansas finished 4-7 last year and really put a whoopin to Utah St. by the whopping score of 20-0??? in week 2. Those aren't the numbers of a good team, SEC or not.

That being said, I'm not at all convinced the Trojans the top 3 team they're being sold as. I'll definitely be putting my money on Nebraska if the line is more than 7 points for USC.

Arkansas is better than a 4-7 team, although they were undermanned with McFadden only seeing limited time. USC did hold Arkansas to less points than Nebraska did Nicholls St. :-b

I like Nebraska as a 15-20 team, but no higher. USC's defense is too much better than Nebraska's offense and I think they will put points on the board. I am not sold on USC as a top 3 team either but they are definitely in the top 6 or 7.

(My top 3 are Ohio St., Auburn, and Notre Dame followed by LSU and WV before USC)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
BraylonIsAStud wrote:USC wins a VERY close game. Nebraska won't get trounced as many are opt to thnk. Nebraska's opponents have been nothing to write home about but USC beating Arkansas really didn't prove anything to me. Arkansas finished 4-7 last year and really put a whoopin to Utah St. by the whopping score of 20-0??? in week 2. Those aren't the numbers of a good team, SEC or not.

Arkansas is better than a 4-7 team, although they were undermanned with McFadden only seeing limited time. USC did hold Arkansas to less points than Nebraska did Nicholls St. :-b

I like Nebraska as a 15-20 team, but no higher. USC's defense is too much better than Nebraska's offense and I think they will put points on the board. I am not sold on USC as a top 3 team either but they are definitely in the top 6 or 7.

(My top 3 are Ohio St., Auburn, and Notre Dame followed by LSU and WV before USC)

Hey, hey, hey lets get our facts straight. USC gave up 2 TDs against Arkansas to the 1 Nicholls St scored.

Thats a bummer you feel that way, because I was gonna be all excited to come in here and gloat if NU wins, but if you think USC is overrated, then I guess NU will be damned if the do and damned if they dont. :-b
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:05 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Hey, hey, hey lets get our facts straight. USC gave up 2 TDs against Arkansas to the 1 Nicholls St scored.

Thats a bummer you feel that way, because I was gonna be all excited to come in here and gloat if NU wins, but if you think USC is overrated, then I guess NU will be damned if the do and damned if they dont. :-b

Overrated and very good are not mutually exlcusive, if Nebraska wins the entire country will have to take notice. ;-D
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football