Return to College Football

NU vs. USC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:26 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
knapplc wrote:Nebraska holds one of the most explosive teams in Div-1A to 28 points and 383 yards of offense and we drop four places in the polls. That's justice for you. :-b

You lost by 18 points and only dropped 4 spots in the polls and are complaining about it? Teams have won by 18 points and dropped further than that...Hell, Texas lost to #1 and fell further than that.

Sweet. I havnt looked yet, but I thought for sure they would've dropped Callahan out of the rankings. The NC dream is still alive! :-b

Yep, it's right there with the Heisman dream. :-b

What? you mean your werent impressed with our unveiling of the New West Coast Offense? :-b

Hell, at least it's better then Miami's offense. Course that's not saying much.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:19 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
knapplc wrote:Nebraska holds one of the most explosive teams in Div-1A to 28 points and 383 yards of offense and we drop four places in the polls. That's justice for you. :-b

You lost by 18 points and only dropped 4 spots in the polls and are complaining about it? Teams have won by 18 points and dropped further than that...Hell, Texas lost to #1 and fell further than that.

No, note the smiley. I should have used this one - ;-7 - but I'm so used to the other one that I guess I hit that instead.

Honestly, if our coach isn't going to go out and attempt to WIN the game then I think it's amazing that we didn't drop out of the poll entirely. His playbook for that game was about nine plays long, ten counting the fake punt.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

No, note the smiley. I should have used this one - ;-7 - but I'm so used to the other one that I guess I hit that instead.

Honestly, if our coach isn't going to go out and attempt to WIN the game then I think it's amazing that we didn't drop out of the poll entirely. His playbook for that game was about nine plays long, ten counting the fake punt.

You saw what he did to the Raiders. What did you expect?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
knapplc wrote:Honestly, if our coach isn't going to go out and attempt to WIN the game then I think it's amazing that we didn't drop out of the poll entirely. His playbook for that game was about nine plays long, ten counting the fake punt.

You saw what he did to the Raiders. What did you expect?

Clearly, whatever was wrong with the Raiders when Callahan was there was not his fault as evidenced by their performance after his departure. They're on their third coach now or just their second?

I think the book on "Blame Callahan for the Raiders Demise" has been well closed. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:10 am

Very frustrated with the playcalling of that game. :,-(

:~(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby slowride » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Ya the play calling was definetly to conservative. When they finally started to open it up it was to late. They did however cover the spread by a half point. So thats good.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:13 pm

slowride wrote:Ya the play calling was definetly to conservative. When they finally started to open it up it was to late. They did however cover the spread by a half point. So thats good.

Spread changed to 17.5 the day of the game.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
slowride wrote:Ya the play calling was definetly to conservative. When they finally started to open it up it was to late. They did however cover the spread by a half point. So thats good.

Spread changed to 17.5 the day of the game.

Interesting that the spread changes to 17.5 and the Huskers fail to cover while running an EXTREMELY conservative offense and that they blow it based on a bizarre-looking fumbled handoff - the first all year, and at an extremely poor field location.

Seriously, I think Tom Osborne was quoted during the game as saying, "Geesh, Callahan, why don't you open it up some?"

I'm a conspiracy theory fan, so take that with a grain of salt. But it is interesting. :-?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Sandrock » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Look at it this way, at least you get to play Troy now. 8-o
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:48 pm

Sandrock wrote:Look at it this way, at least you get to play Troy now. 8-o

Yeah great - MORE TROJANS!!!!! :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to College Football