Week 1 GC: SEA @ DET - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 1 GC: SEA @ DET

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:52 pm

:-o

Wow, that was an ulcer-inducing game. At least the Hawks played terrible, but hung in there and found a way to win.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby SkinSFan22 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:53 pm

wow, was that a close shave by the hawks!

I'm just glad that my only player that I had playing in this game resulted in great fantasy value--josh brown!!!
Last edited by SkinSFan22 on Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Smee » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:54 pm

vitalogist wrote:
i'll put my bag back on if he doesn't finish with over 100yds
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seattlefantasy92 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:04 pm

game notes:

-was the bad run game for the hawks attributed to losing hutchinson, or the lions defense?

-are they just rusty or are they on their way to losses?

-josh brown, sticking with it! he is my player of the game

-walter jones gave me a scare when he was injured, thank goodness it was just an ankle sprain :)
UW HUSKIES 2-0
Seattle Seahawks 1-0
SOS save our sonics
seattlefantasy92
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby andyjl » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:14 pm

how could the seahawks have a hard time against the Lions????
haha do you see superbowl jinx in play:??:
andyjl
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Muddygrass » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:22 am

It is interesting that almost everyone looks at a game such as this and attributes it to poor Seahawks play, rather than admit Detroit played what has to be ranked as one of their best games in the last decade. Expect more gritty defensive battles from the Lions this year. They may still only finish 6 - 10, but they could end up making everyone who plays them look damn ugly.

It is no mistake that Marinelli run defenses finished ranked in the league's top 10... 7 out of 10 years he was at TB. Detroit might be the new FF stat wreckers.
Muddygrass
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:00 am

Muddygrass wrote:It is interesting that almost everyone looks at a game such as this and attributes it to poor Seahawks play, rather than admit Detroit played what has to be ranked as one of their best games in the last decade. Expect more gritty defensive battles from the Lions this year. They may still only finish 6 - 10, but they could end up making everyone who plays them look damn ugly.

It is no mistake that Marinelli run defenses finished ranked in the league's top 10... 7 out of 10 years he was at TB. Detroit might be the new FF stat wreckers.
I agree. I think Detroit will surprise many people this year and play many close games.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 am

SniperShot wrote:
Muddygrass wrote:It is interesting that almost everyone looks at a game such as this and attributes it to poor Seahawks play, rather than admit Detroit played what has to be ranked as one of their best games in the last decade. Expect more gritty defensive battles from the Lions this year. They may still only finish 6 - 10, but they could end up making everyone who plays them look damn ugly.

I agree. I think Detroit will surprise many people this year and play many close games.

True, but don't forget it's just one game. There is the possibility that the Seahacks just came out that flat. Plus last season the D started out great, too, but they tapered off under the weight of injuries and defective O. They looked great, and I would love nothing more than for them to play with as much grit as they showed in week one. But they aren't very deep, and have a lot of players who aren't the hardiest bunch around. Great Great start though. ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby vitalogist » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:05 pm

Smee wrote:
vitalogist wrote:
i'll put my bag back on if he doesn't finish with over 100yds

i'll take the W however we can get it!!!
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting