ACL Knee Surgery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

ACL Knee Surgery

Moderator: Football Moderators

ACL Knee Surgery

Postby silzz50 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:36 pm

I had an acl reconstruction done in my knee about 2 months ago using the patella tendon. I also had part of my meniscus removed. I am trying to get back to play my senior year of basketball this winter, but my doctor says I have to be out 9 months. I am trying to get back in 5 or 6. Has anyone had this done and been able to get back early or know of anyone? Please share your story.
silzz50
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:52 pm

I have gotten it done, and let me tell you. Whatever the doctor tells you, YOU MUST DO. It is in the best interest of you and your health. These guys know what they're doing.

A 9 month recovery period for a blown out knee is probably the bare minimum amount of time you could be out. I've known guys who have had 15-21 month recovery period, solely because the Anterior Cruciate Ligament is the most important knee ligament.

My advice to you would be, don't mess with it. Listen to your doctor. Even if it is your senior season, don't take the chance of injuring yourself by rushing yourself back, because you could be walking disfunctionally/not walking at all for the rest of your life if you choose to rush back.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:59 pm

he's right, do whatever the doctor tells you to do, my algebra teacher had it done and was/is in very good shape, had a shot at the nba when his went out, and he wanted to get back asap obviously, but he couldn't, and he decided to try to get it back on his own, he juiced up on pain-killers, to where he was basically totally numb and just pumped weights with his legs, bad idea, he's ok now, but he struggled with walking for quite awhile.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:51 am

yeah I agree, follow Dr's instructions. Most importantly stay off it no matter what. go to therapy once Dr. says you can and then rehab hard. You probably wont make your b-ball season so flunk 12th grade so you can play next season. Or go to a junior college that has a team.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk