I HATE Jake Plummer! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I HATE Jake Plummer!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Metroid » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:06 pm

I should have explained more I already have Palmer, Bulger and Culpepper on my roster and needed an upgrade at WR. I found Plummer to be the most expendable. His performance did help make my decision eaiser. I am not the type to start dropping players after one poor showing. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:27 pm

mattb47 wrote:Perfect case of overreaction.....I have him on one of my teams and yes, he was terrible today, but it doesn't mean he'll be bad all year, it means he had a bad game. Settle down people.....it's one game.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people were saying the same things about Culpepper after week 1 last year too - those that sold not-so-low on him after week 1 sure looked a lot better than those who didn't "overreact" and held on to him for a few more weeks...

Just stirring the pot - I have no personal investment in Plummer one way or the other and therefore I have no strong feeling either way...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:30 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Perfect case of overreaction.....I have him on one of my teams and yes, he was terrible today, but it doesn't mean he'll be bad all year, it means he had a bad game. Settle down people.....it's one game.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people were saying the same things about Culpepper after week 1 last year too - those that sold not-so-low on him after week 1 sure looked a lot better than those who didn't "overreact" and held on to him for a few more weeks...

Just stirring the pot - I have no personal investment in Plummer one way or the other and therefore I have no strong feeling either way...

I think a big difference is that with Plummer they can just have him do less in that offense and they'll be fine offensively, whereas with Culpepper last year, he kinda had to throw a ton or they didn't have a chance. Plummer had such a smart year last year, it's hard to believe that all that went out the window and that guy wont be back at all this year.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ViperFujax » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:31 pm

culpepper is different. He lost moss, who he is dependent on. Plummer gained javon walker.

The problem was the blocking. Leonard little ate george foster alive, mike bell couldnt pass block, tatum bell never could pass block well (main reason he couldnt beat mike anderson for the job), and they put some nice blitzes at good times.

Only time i really saw plummer as the one who screwed up was the last INT when he had time to throw it away and still through it to rod smith who was insanely covered...which was pretty much a vintage plummer int, under pressure, in a game deciding drive.
ViperFujax
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:45 pm

Plummer is "THE TAINT"
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:55 pm

By "THE TAINT", it is meant that Plummer errodes if not ruins all that surrounds him. Sure he will flash the occasional ok game, but he peppers multi-interception performances around them. He appears better than he is simply because Denver is all but unbeatable historically at home and also because ever since Elway there has been a parade of horribles at QB prior to Taint's arrival. That a dude, albeit talented, that no one had heard of prior to 1/3 of his way through his senior year in college could be challenging Plummer shows how "Tainted" things have become.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting