Finally revealed -- my sleeper for the season... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Finally revealed -- my sleeper for the season...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Finally revealed -- my sleeper for the season...

Postby Warpigs » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:37 pm

Here is my fantasy column for 9/10/06. It was written earlier this week and in print by midnight last night (Saturday) for Sunday's paper. I finally reveal my true sleeper for the year, and while he didn't do anything today, I still feel he will be HUGE this season. Any comments??

http://www.dailyitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060910/SPORTS/609100319
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:39 pm

interesting pick in your sleeper pick. He's definitely got the athleticism, just getting a shot is what's holding him back.

Great read, as always, nonetheless. Nice Work WP! ;-D
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:53 pm

I noticed Robinsons eligability too. The first time Gore limps I will be adding him. Don't know that I can use a roster spot on him.....but with Gore's injury history.......

Your guru status went down the drain with the Plummer pick. He blew in ten different shades today. Good call on the Iggles studs lighting up the Texans. Nice read again Warpigs ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby kev8821 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:30 pm

I did notice that the Niners had Robinson come in on a few crucial 3rd down plays while Gore caught a break - actually I was shocked to see him in on 3rd down and a run play was called. I know the Niners have Hicks too as a back up. I would be interesting to see him back there. Liked him at Penn State.
kev8821
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby euclid530 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:54 am

i think Gore is a pretty legit starter but if he gets hurt i think Robinson might get the nod over Hicks
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ampant » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:56 am

TODAY'S STUDS: There are a number of interesting matchups today that seasoned fantasy owners should be willing to exploit.

For instance, the Eagles take on Houston, which should mean big games for most of Philly's offensive starters — especially Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb.

Wow! I never would have thought of that!

I was going to add more sarcasm into it, but decided not to. I would just like to point out that all of your "golden ticket" picks pretty much busted

Jake Plummer - 138 yards, 3 INT, no scores
Thomas Jones - 59 total yards, no score
Roy Williams - 36 total yards, no score
Ben Watson - 50 total yards, no score (not terrible for a TE)

Sweet picks ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby jdsun1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:06 am

ampant wrote:
TODAY'S STUDS: There are a number of interesting matchups today that seasoned fantasy owners should be willing to exploit.

For instance, the Eagles take on Houston, which should mean big games for most of Philly's offensive starters — especially Brian Westbrook and Donovan McNabb.

I was going to add more sarcasm into it, but decided not to. I would just like to point out that all of your "golden ticket" picks pretty much busted

Sweet picks ;-D

Not only did they bust but Gore had a huge day. Good job on the picks man! :-?
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:58 am

ampant wrote:

Sweet picks ;-D

I didn't know you could foresee the future :-?

They weren't bad predictions on Saturday so don't come off like a cocky Monday morning QB :-t
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:48 am

The dual eligibility is nice but I don't think that many people will be using up a roster spot on the 49ers 3rd string rb. Considering that it has been a long time since even the starter was worth owning on the 49ers, the 3rd guy should not be on your radar yet.

I know that Gore is gimpy but you did not mention Maurice Hicks who averaged more than 5 yds/carry last year behind one of the worst offensive lines that you can imagine. Hicks has upside and if Gore goes down then the 49ers will surely bring somebody else in to back up Hicks. IMO Robinson is no better than a 3rd down back this year.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby VaderFin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:43 am

Robinson isn't going to do jack squat for your fantasy team.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk