Michigan @ Notre Dame - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Michigan @ Notre Dame

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:20 pm

ND is getting destroyed in all aspects of the game.

After wk 1 I thought they were overrated.
After last week I thought maybe they aren't.
Now I'm back to overrated due to inconsistency.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:14 pm

I was pretty sure that Michigan would have decent sucess against that ND defense (although not to this extent) but I am very pleasently surprised by the job done by the Michigan defense- completely neutralized quinn.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Well Michigan clearly was the much better team today and dominated all phases of this game. Hopefully they can remain undefeated up until they meet the Buckeyes which should be a great game.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:22 pm

killiansjmd wrote:Well Michigan clearly was the much better team today and dominated all phases of this game. Hopefully they can remain undefeated up until they meet the Buckeyes which should be a great game.

Clearly Michigan was the better team. I am amazed at how poorly Notre Dame played here. What a huge flop in this game! 8-o

Congratulations Michigan fans. That was a dominating win!.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:34 pm

This is the best I have felt about college football since right after the PSU game.

I was elated when Burgess scored the first TD and then when Henne threw the pick to Ndukwe, I just about lost it. We definitely bounced back though.
Our defense played absolutely awesome, and English clearly is a massive upgrade over Hermann (surprise, surprise). The defense looked powerful and very fast. The defensive line was especially dominant.

I liked the zone blocking and Hart had a good game, Henne only made 2 bad throws (his pick and missing Breaston up the seam for what would've been a sure TD) and there were a few drops (Breaston and Arrington in the endzone). Manningham looked exceptional and looks like he could be donning the #1 jersey next year. Henne was very impressive and looked great out there.

Brady Quinn looked terrible, his numbers make him look a lot better than he actually was. His first TD was a 4 yard toss to a wide open fullback, he made a bad throw and Samardzija made a great catch for the 2nd TD and Morgan Trent caught the 3rd TD (after interference) and McKnight wrestled it from him. He also overthrew McKnight on a wide open TD.

I can't say how happy I am although I hope we don't get complacent as we have Wisconsin next week and then Minnesota, Michigan St., and Penn St. (Iowa might be in there)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:This is the best I have felt about college football since right after the PSU game.

I was elated when Burgess scored the first TD and then when Henne threw the pick to Ndukwe, I just about lost it. We definitely bounced back though.
Our defense played absolutely awesome, and English clearly is a massive upgrade over Hermann (surprise, surprise). The defense looked powerful and very fast. The defensive line was especially dominant.

I liked the zone blocking and Hart had a good game, Henne only made 2 bad throws (his pick and missing Breaston up the seam for what would've been a sure TD) and there were a few drops (Breaston and Arrington in the endzone). Manningham looked exceptional and looks like he could be donning the #1 jersey next year. Henne was very impressive and looked great out there.

Brady Quinn looked terrible, his numbers make him look a lot better than he actually was. His first TD was a 4 yard toss to a wide open fullback, he made a bad throw and Samardzija made a great catch for the 2nd TD and Morgan Trent caught the 3rd TD (after interference) and McKnight wrestled it from him. He also overthrew McKnight on a wide open TD.

I can't say how happy I am although I hope we don't get complacent as we have Wisconsin next week and then Minnesota, Michigan St., and Penn St. (Iowa might be in there)

CC, you understand how much Lloyd has gotten to these players heads, right? They speak exaclyas he wasnt them to. Its grea to see a chaoch hade so much influece over his team, and I hope it proves to them that they are not a legit team, because that is what they need to suceeed. You heard the post game interviews, where all the players echoed lloyd. Its amazing how much he has brainwashed them into winnign this year.

On tha game, its great to see our front 4 step up and dominate the line. Brady in pressure looks nothing like brady with 10 seconds to throw the ball. If our defense can keep it up, I could see a very sucessful season on our hands. This mayh be the first season we dont spell Lloyd with 5 L's.

Ok guys, gottta peace out. JT is havinig his video marathon, and Ricks/the Jug is calling me. Props to the mich fans out there, wven the husker fans rooting for mich in this romp
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:37 pm

bklik wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:This is the best I have felt about college football since right after the PSU game.

CC, you understand how much Lloyd has gotten to these players heads, right? They speak exaclyas he wasnt them to. Its grea to see a chaoch hade so much influece over his team, and I hope it proves to them that they are not a legit team, because that is what they need to suceeed. You heard the post game interviews, where all the players echoed lloyd. Its amazing how much he has brainwashed them into winnign this year.

On tha game, its great to see our front 4 step up and dominate the line. Brady in pressure looks nothing like brady with 10 seconds to throw the ball. If our defense can keep it up, I could see a very sucessful season on our hands. This mayh be the first season we dont spell Lloyd with 5 L's.

Ok guys, gottta peace out. JT is havinig his video marathon, and Ricks/the Jug is calling me. Props to the mich fans out there, wven the husker fans rooting for mich in this romp

It also amazing how bad your grammer and spelling is. ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:29 pm

Give him a break, Michigan won today and if I hadn't come home for the weekend to see the parents I would be blackout drunk.

I agree completely on Carr, he coached a great game today.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:34 pm

I WAS looking forward to a good game
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:05 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:I WAS looking forward to a good game

So was I. I didn't expect Michigan to roll them like they did, but I did expect Michigan to win the game. I've said it before, but Notre Dame was overrated.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to College Football