Jacksonville: Who's the #1 Receiver? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jacksonville: Who's the #1 Receiver?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Rohan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:19 pm

The receiver is Reggie Williams
Rohan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:26 pm

geez, people are overreacting to just one game. reggie williams will always be 3rd on the depth chart. matt jones is the guy in that offense, with wilford a semi-close second.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rohan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:31 pm

Your only psychic to make that PREDICTION.
Rohan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jdsun1 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:32 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:geez, people are overreacting to just one game. reggie williams will always be 3rd on the depth chart. matt jones is the guy in that offense, with wilford a semi-close second.

What he said.....It was only ones game!
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:51 pm

M.Jones, R.Williams & F.Taylor were all targeted 6 times each in the game.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Rohan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:26 pm

FYI

Williams and Taylor (6)
Jones only (5) He did try to rush for -6 loss however.
Rohan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mbuser » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:04 pm

there was an AP story earlier in the off-season which talked about williams' demotion from a starter because he was 'non-existent' in camp. he was supposed to be the guy that stepped up this season, but was subsequently demoted to WR3. like i said, the only talk you ever hear about williams' potential is that he's never come close to realizing it. wilford out-played and bumped williams down on the depth chart last season, too

and not sure what you guys are looking at, but according to NFL.com play-by-play jones had 9 targets, williams had 7, taylor had 6, and wilford and wrighster had 5

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbypla ... 10_DAL@JAC
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby gtgrad95 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:25 pm

Jones only (5) He did try to rush for -6 loss however

The -6 was actually the other M. Jones (Maurice Jones-Drew)
gtgrad95
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:29 pm

As a Jaguar fan, who travels a bit to go to all of their home games, I would say the following.

1-for all intents and purposes it will be a WRBC situation. NONE of them is likely to become a clear cut #1 on a regular basis unless one of them becomes more or less Leftwhich's 'go to guy' that he looks for when he really needs it. As of now, none of them seems to have done that. Wolford seems to have a SLIGHT edge there when it comes to just 'seeming to come up with a play' though he is CLEARLY the least physically gifted of them all.

2-all of our WR are the same in many ways.

NONE of them is going to run away from anyone on a regular basis and 'create space' to get open on a regular basis

All three of them however, CAN and DO catch the ball in traffic,ESPECIALLY if it is a 'go up and get it, JUMP ball'.

If I HAD to rank them I would say as follows.

Big play(ie; most likely to get a 40- 50 yard reception)

1-matt jones

significant dropoff

2-Reggie williams

significant drop

3-Wolford

Most catches/throw to's

1-Matt jones(55-60rec) 800 yards

2-Wolford(45-50) 600yards

3-R.Williams(38-45)450 yards

4th and 8 / or near the endzone:

1-Wolford

slight drop off

2-M.Jones

SIGNIFICANT drop off

Williams.

Bottom line: I would say any of them would be worth a flier as a bye week #3 WR, or injury replacement. NONE of them should be counted on as a #2 fantsay WR though.

Overall I would rank them as Jones then Wolford, then a good ways behind R.Williams.

Keep an eye on Marcedes Lewis if this injury doesnt linger. He is a Rookie TE who I think could be a very nice surprise sleeper.

Just my opinion, hope it helps ,though I know I didnt clear anything up to say the least.

INKcogKNEEdough
"THERE WAS SHRINKAGE!!!!!" - George costanza
INKcogKNEEdough
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Rohan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:46 am

INKcogKNEEdough wrote:As a Jaguar fan, who travels a bit to go to all of their home games, I would say the following.

1-for all intents and purposes it will be a WRBC situation. NONE of them is likely to become a clear cut #1 on a regular basis unless one of them becomes more or less Leftwhich's 'go to guy' that he looks for when he really needs it. As of now, none of them seems to have done that. Wolford seems to have a SLIGHT edge there when it comes to just 'seeming to come up with a play' though he is CLEARLY the least physically gifted of them all.

2-all of our WR are the same in many ways.

NONE of them is going to run away from anyone on a regular basis and 'create space' to get open on a regular basis

All three of them however, CAN and DO catch the ball in traffic,ESPECIALLY if it is a 'go up and get it, JUMP ball'.

If I HAD to rank them I would say as follows.

Big play(ie; most likely to get a 40- 50 yard reception)

1-matt jones

significant dropoff

2-Reggie williams

significant drop

3-Wolford

Most catches/throw to's

1-Matt jones(55-60rec) 800 yards

2-Wolford(45-50) 600yards

3-R.Williams(38-45)450 yards

4th and 8 / or near the endzone:

1-Wolford

slight drop off

2-M.Jones

SIGNIFICANT drop off

Williams.

Bottom line: I would say any of them would be worth a flier as a bye week #3 WR, or injury replacement. NONE of them should be counted on as a #2 fantsay WR though.

Overall I would rank them as Jones then Wolford, then a good ways behind R.Williams.

Keep an eye on Marcedes Lewis if this injury doesnt linger. He is a Rookie TE who I think could be a very nice surprise sleeper.

Just my opinion, hope it helps ,though I know I didnt clear anything up to say the least.

INKcogKNEEdough

NO. Those numbers WILL be higher. You can expect one either Jones or Williams to have over 1000 receiving yards.

Look at Jimmy Smith's number with Leftwich. Del Rio will past just as much as he did the last (2) season.

Jimmy Smith 2005 70 REP 1023 YARDS and 6 TD
2004 74 REP 1172 YARDS and 6 TD

Leftwich will make a 1000 receiver on (1) of the (2) players.
Rohan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk