Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read...

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:56 am

Here's the deal...my league rewards return yards GRACIOUSLY!! 1 Point for every 5 yards!! Plus an extra 10 points if they get over 100 yards. One team in my league scored MAJOR points off this setting.

Now this has me thinking that half my guys are worthless in a league like this & that I should really rely on KR/PR players. Pretty much all the good players like Hall, Welker, McGee, Pacman have been taken, by the same team!!! I was way too hesitant during the draft to select KR/PR too early while that particular team was picking those players EARLY.

So im thinking of dumping most of my bench players & picking up players that do KR/PR. What do you guys think? Is this strategic? Will something like this actually help me be a top team in my league?

As it stands, he has scored about 80 points more than me this week, while I have 1 more player tomorrow. He's also picked up a few KR/PR today to add to his team. Thoughts??
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:01 am

You are screwed. The time to do this would have been at the draft, now there's not much left but the leftovers...

Chris Carr from Oakland is a decent option if he's available and if you have IDPs (he's a DB)...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:45 am

lmcjaho wrote:You are screwed. The time to do this would have been at the draft, now there's not much left but the leftovers...

Honestly, I dont think so...But I do think picking up KR/PR will help me indefinitely, but is it the way to go?

I've checked out the depth charts on all teams for KR/PR earlier in the week & placed those players on my watch list. A few of those players put up great numbers in my league. At least 30 points.

Also, our IDP settings are CRAZY as well. Just as crazy as our return yard settings. Bulluk, Vilma, & Barber all scored over 50 points for me. IMO this league relies heavily on KR/PR & IDP.

So would this be the smartest/most strategic thing to do?
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:30 am

SAVAGE WAYZ wrote:Honestly, I dont think so...But I do think picking up KR/PR will help me indefinitely, but is it the way to go?

I've checked out the depth charts on all teams for KR/PR earlier in the week & placed those players on my watch list. A few of those players put up great numbers in my league. At least 30 points.

Also, our IDP settings are CRAZY as well. Just as crazy as our return yard settings. Bulluk, Vilma, & Barber all scored over 50 points for me. IMO this league relies heavily on KR/PR & IDP.

So would this be the smartest/most strategic thing to do?

Well, if the players are available and they are obviously scoring a ton (and you can verify the flukiness of this by comparing to previous years stats) then how could it not be?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby The Jury » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:59 am

You could have really capitalized on this during the draft. You can still get some KR into your lineup if there are any left. Look for good return guys on crappy defensive teams.
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:30 am

That really sucks, a league with KRs as the best players is a joke. Try for Eddie Drummond.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:41 am

The Jury wrote:You could have really capitalized on this during the draft. You can still get some KR into your lineup if there are any left. Look for good return guys on crappy defensive teams.

Yeah...I know. I was just too hesitant to pick up KR as early as that other guy was. I mean I had them on my watch list & planned on picking some up, but there were soooo many good players available. But then again, I should have drafted according to the league's settings, which was stupid on my part. BTW, I did draft Sams & Koren Robinson as my KR, but yall know the deal with KoRo. Sams is actually listed as a DB now, & I still do have him (IDP)

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:That really sucks, a league with KRs as the best players is a joke. Try for Eddie Drummond.

Definitely agree...I've been playing FF with these guys for the past few years since im playing with friends & family, & we always counted KR/PR, but the setting this year is just rediculous. Not only are KR/PR worth alot, but so are IDP.

Im really thinking about not taking this league so seriously, but the competitor in me wants to keeps playing & try to win this league where my team really isn't as good as it shows on paper.
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read...

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:46 pm

SAVAGE WAYZ wrote:Here's the deal...my league rewards return yards GRACIOUSLY!! 1 Point for every 5 yards!! Plus an extra 10 points if they get over 100 yards. One team in my league scored MAJOR points off this setting.

Now this has me thinking that half my guys are worthless in a league like this & that I should really rely on KR/PR players. Pretty much all the good players like Hall, Welker, McGee, Pacman have been taken, by the same team!!! I was way too hesitant during the draft to select KR/PR too early while that particular team was picking those players EARLY.

Looks like this guy did his homework. I don't think you, or anyone else, is going to be able to compete with this guy until next year.

Few names that stand out that you haven't mentioned: Eddie Drummond, Chris Carr, BJ Sams, Chad Morton, Terrance Wilkins. The key is to look for guys that return ALL the kickoffs in addition to ALL the punts.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ypsieast » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:52 pm

Cribbs on CLE is an awesome return guy. He had 2 TDs called back last year due to penalty. He is due for some big numbers as CLE could give up a lot of scores this year. Only problem is I don't think he does punt returns.
ypsieast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hoss » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:15 pm

He has Cribbs and Sams I think, and should be picking up Wilkins he said in another thread. Morton's definitely a guy to look at though since his numbers will go up this year. Last year he had to split kickoff returns with Willie Ponder but now Ponder's in Seattle.

It's going to be really hard beating a guy with Hall, Welker and McGee though. Those guys not only do returns but also contribute on offense/defense. I'm going to assume Carr, Justin Miller, Allen Rossum (all DBs) and Eddie Drummond are gone but pick them up if you can.
hoss
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk