Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kick Return Yards League!! Heavily Rely On KR/PR?? Read...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ypsieast » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Well, the average kickoff return is much more than the avg put return. And teams that give up a lot of points get the most kickoff returns. So I would focus first of the KO return guys on the worst defenses: SFO, ARI, STL, GNB, NOR, OAK, HOU, TEN

Here's the top KO return guys through week 1: http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/KRET/2006/regular

Maurice Hicks, JJ Arrington, Bobby Wade, JR Reed, and Phillip Buchanen all look solid. Pittman had a good week, but I would expect TB def to tighten up.
ypsieast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby sorgi2evans » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:54 pm

for your own safety, do not pick up any kick returners from the packers
sorgi2evans
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm

Looks like this guy did his homework. I don't think you, or anyone else, is going to be able to compete with this guy until next year.

Funny cuz this guy is the commish....Guess he got tired of losing the last few years?? Hahaha

Here's what i've done since yesterday...I picked up Cribbs, Arrington & Wilkins. I checked out the depth chart for Washington, Arizona & Indy & its looks like all 3 are their primary KR. Wilkins is the only one that also does PR.

Unfortunately, alot of those guys mentioned here have been picked up. Morton, Ponder, Carr, Miller, Rossum & Drummond have been picked up.

Thanks for all the responses....and thanks for all the input you've given hoss. Im gonna accept this challenge and see just how far I can go. Im not gonna count myself out just yet.
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Popcynical » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:55 pm

Take a shot on Koren Robinson if he's available and you're really struggling.

The Packers just picked him up.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SAVAGE WAYZ » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks for the update on KoRo...I actually drafted him in the last round before the DUI as my KR.

BTW, I just realized I messed up my TE situation even more!! Instead of dropping Stevens, I accidently dropped Smith!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH....guess I was thinking about the Niners Alex Smith when I did it :-t :~(
SAVAGE WAYZ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby sorgi2evans » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:43 pm

ignore my post above
sorgi2evans
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby hoss » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:56 pm

Hey no prob- I'm playing with idp's and return yards for the first time this year so I've been obsessing over these return guys also. I'm sooo pissed I missed out on picking up Troy Williamson last week. None of the depth charts I looked at had him returning kicks for the Vikings. If he keeps it up he could win up scoring more than Dante Hall because he's a #1 receiver.
hoss
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 pm

i was in a league last year and had 1 point for every 10. i cant imagine 1 for every 5 yrds that is BS to me. it is your job to check the point settings before the draft and work around that. i would try and trade for westbrook, he is a great rb and he is also recieving pr this week. i have him and even though i dont get kr/pr points it shows some promise about him being healthy and im happy with that. i would just watch the ww to see what happens maybe you can get lucky but right now it looks like your in trouble
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deacon » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:17 pm

Make sure you pick up Jerome Mathis. He is on the PUP list now but should be ready to return to action by week 5 or 6. He is the best return guy in the league last year so you can at least trump them on that one.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kmullen73 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:52 am

Pick up the KR guys for the worst defenses.
kmullen73
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk