Remembering Sept. 11th, Where were you when you found out? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Remembering Sept. 11th, Where were you when you found out?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Remembering Sept. 11th, Where were you when you found out?

Postby semaj33 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:04 am

I was driving to college when i heard on the radio that the first plane had hit...at that time they thought it was just a little plane or something, no one really knew the details. Later in Bio, my professor wouldn't let us leave our lab, as people kept coming over and walking up to us and interupting class...
I live in upstate NY, and I remember some people thinking that terrorists were going to fly up and attack our college. That was a crazy day. One that has changed my life forever. Please share your story.
Romans 12:2
semaj33
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:16 am

I was driving to work, I got to work and logged on and had an indtant message from a friend of mine, I began listening to the radio while IM my friend. I ended up leaving work about noon because I live about 1 hour from work and didn't know if roads would be shut down as I live not too far from an Air National Guard base Sat and watched the news all evening and night
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:23 am

I was gonna make the same topic. ;-D

I was driving to work, I work near Dulles airport, listening to Howard Stern, and someone said that one of the towers was on fire. this interupted Howard's discussion of how he could've bagged Pam Anderson.

I get into work just as the other plane hits the second tower. Now everyone is freaking seeing this as deliberate.

We were all dismissed from work and when i got home. the other plane hit the pentagon. and then the news of another flight going down in PA.

One thing about these horrific events that stand out are the days that followed. there was no road rage. Everyone was cordial to others. No planes in the Air for a week. That was short lived and everyone has gone back to be being an a hole. I try to remember those time when i feel my blood begin to boil.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:23 am

I too was driving to class. At the time, everybody was still very confused about what was going on. The radio DJs were saying that reports said it was a bomb. When I got to class, there was a lot of poeple huddled around the TV just outsidethe student center. There's a TV in every classroom and when I got to class, it was on, but when it was time to for class, the professor turned it off. I guess her teaching schedule was more important. :-t
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:07 am

I was at work about 30 minutes outside of Manhatten on Long Island. I remember the receptionist sent an email to everyone saying a plane hit one of the twin towers. Never in my mind did I think it was a major airline. I thought it was one of those small planes. Company shut down about an hour later and they sent us all home. My uncle worked right across the street and thank god he was late to work that day and never made it into Manhatten.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby confused_jake » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:13 am

I was in 7th grade PE waiting for our teacher when a bunch of kids started talking about it. The school wouldn't let anyone turn on the TVs in the classrooms or turn on radios.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 1crzydmnd » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:32 am

I was on my way to work as well. The local radio show said it looked like a Cessna hit the WTC. I shrugged it off as an accident. I pull into work and hear another plane hit. I knew that was no accident. Our office was pretty crazy that day since we had colleagues in WTC 1 (North tower) in floors 93-100. A lot of our colleagues were lost that day.

The most vivid memory I have is of watching the towers fall on our conference room big screen. Ironically, it could have been me in those buildings since I had turned down a job offer to work for a company in the south tower back in 1999.

May those who we lost never be forgotten.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Confucius' redneck brother
1crzydmnd
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:41 am

I was napping on the couch when my wife called and woke me up to tell me that supposedly a plane had hit the World Trade Center. I remember thinking it had to be an accident, or a stupid radio prank, but I flipped on the TV and sure enough, chaos was everywhere on all the major stations. I immediately filled her in that it was a plane and I'd call her when I knew more, and got off the phone to pay attention to what was going on. I called her back when I saw the second plane hit. I called my father and my grandparents to let them know what was going on and I called my wife every so often to give updates. I watched the Towers fall live and as it happened.

A very sad day. My thoughts and prayers are still with those who were affected by this tragedy. :,-(

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:43 am

I was still sleeping that morning, but was in the middle of a book about the Apocalypse/Revelations. I had read through all the horrible things prophecied to occur in the end times and was quietly sleeping in that morning when my wife runs into the bedroom screaming "Planes are running into buildings in New York!". Yeah, I woke up a little freaked out.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby jayday » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:10 am

I was a freshman in high scool....It was just before the end of my 2nd period Science class....About 9:40, a teacher from across the hall came over and told us....We turned on the TV just as the bell rang and I still remember that first instant they showed the towers on fire and smoke pouring out....

We got to my 3rd period History class and the teacher gave people the option of watching the coverage or going next door if they felt they couldn't watch it....

We watched first tower fall live...By far one of the sickest moments I've ever felt....After that they made everyone turn off the TVs and radios, but the teachers gave us updates from their computer as the day went on....

I'll never forget that day :,-(
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to General Talk