Are we the worst team in the league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

Are we the worst team in the league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Are we the worst team in the league?

Postby CC » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:36 am

The Bills played the Pats tight.
The Jets won.
The Titans lost in OT.
The 49ers hung close with the Cardinals.
Houston looked decent against the Eagles.
Cleveland and NO are both better than us.
The Lions held the Seahawks to 9.

We got shutout and gave up 26 to the low-scoring Bears.

Right now I would rate us ahead of the Jets, Titans, and 49ers and about on par with Houston and Buffalo.

There is a chance that we are the worst team in the league though.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DarkKnight » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:51 pm

Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson? or maybe Quinn? :-S
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 pm

I'm not sure Oakland isn't as bad as you fellas are. At least Favre can still win you some games. Brooks leaves a lot to be desired.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 pm

No we aint. oakland sucks ass, and being shut out with the Bears isn't nearly as bad as being shut out by the Chargers, keep in mind Bears are the best D in the league. U say NO is better than us, but keep in mind we whooped them last year 49-3 so we have to see what happens this year. I think the Lions game was a lil more the Seahawks sucking than the Lions playing good.

THat brings me to a point, the last few years the super bowl runner up has sucked, and i think that might happen with Seatle. 49ers hanging with the cards is not good, because the cards suck ass no matter what nebody says. Both teams are contenders for sucking as much as the Packers. And HOuston looked good until they blew a lead, which looks like the same Houston as last year, which ain't good for them.

Don't be so quick to jump off the Pack Wagon, as long as we have Favre we will contend in the NFC north
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DarkKnight » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:55 pm

I want to believe.. but that O-line may be the worst one in the league. I'm scared for Favre 8-o

Don't underestimate Chargers Defense.. they may prove to be Bear quality by the end of the year
DarkKnight
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dgan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:55 pm

DrewBledsoeRox89 wrote:

Don't be so quick to jump off the Pack Wagon, as long as we have Favre we will contend in the NFC north

As a true Packer fan through the good years and the bad, I have to say...dude...don't post after consuming multiple premium malt beverages.

We won't get a sniff at .500 -- forget about taking the division. I think Oakland is worse than us simply because they have no prospects and no direction. I'll put the Packers at second to last.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:40 pm

That's why we putting on a whooping on NO right now.

SCratch that. I was about to write that, then i noticed that we now down 14-13. So many we ain't better than NO.

And i don't drink, lol...smoke a lil but no drinkin I can't buy booze.
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dciguy01 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:04 pm

The Pack sucks, but they are not the worst team in the league. That honor goes to the Raiders, Randy Moss and all.
2004 Marching Junkies League Champion
2005 Yahoo Public League Champion (thanks FF Cafe)
dciguy01
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby DrewBledsoeRox89 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:24 pm

the raiders for sure. I still think we better than other teams tho also, like San fransisco, I think we could take Kansas CIty without trent green, we can take Arizona they ain't that good, we are still superior to Houston for sure and Tenessee, plus a game with Jets would be competative, but they'd probably win.

TO say that houston and tenessee are better than the pack makes no sense at all, houston is worse this year then they were last year, and tennessee hasn't made many improvements besdes developing young players.
DrewBledsoeRox89
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:37 am

Remember - the first half of the season is the soft part of Green Bay's schedule. It is conceivable that there are only 1 or 2 wins after the bye week. If we want to win six games this year, we better get with it.

Yeah, there are a lot of bottom feeders this year. We'll have to wait and see who wins games in spite of themselves and who continues to strive for the #1 pick overall. Oakland, Tennessee, Houston, and Green Bay go in that category of no aspect of the team looks better than average. There are others such as San Francisco and NY Jets that have something good to talk about, but have gaping holes on other parts of their team.

I don't see how you can put Arizona in there, though. They can light it up. I'm not saying they're a .500 team or anything, but they are surely not in the cellar. And to say we can beat KC because Green is down is a non-argument. We could beat nearly any team in the league if they lost their starting QB. And just because we can beat them doesn't mean we do. We could have beat the Saints...but we didn't. You judge a team by winning, not by capability of winning.

Tampa Bay is the wildcard here...one more week of this nonsense and I'll be ready to put them in the abysmal department along with Green Bay. Thank God Galloway is the only player from that team I took, and he in the 9th round. To think I could have had Maroney with that pick though...never stray from your draft strategy...never...it kills you every time...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Green Bay Packers