Scoring issues with league....what do you think..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Scoring issues with league....what do you think.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scoring issues with league....what do you think.....

Postby kmullen73 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:13 pm

I was not able to make the rules meeting this year, (not really notified). Thats another issues. Tell me if I have any valid points as I have been argueing them all year.

My major issues is that we give both return yards for the return man and the defense. It sets up situations where a person could get double points for a singel performance. Example, I start Reggie Bush and the Saints D. Reggie returns one for a TD, I get twice the points for once performance.

Anybody else see problems with this? Or any other problems, please let me know I would appreciate.

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-3)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles (-1) - WHY? Doesnt hurt team performance all that much.
Fumbles Lost (-3) - My real complaint here is that if we are going to take -1 of for fumbles, we are taking another 3 off if we lose fumbles. The commish made the argue ment that 2 lost fumbles should equal one TD, but it doestn because a lost fumble is really like -4 now.

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (3)
Fumble Recovery (3)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (20 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
kmullen73
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:41 pm

You are 100% correct. That's just plain stupid. It should be one or the other, not both (IMO).

I'm interested to know why at least one of the owners wasn't involved in making or passing the rules. That doesn't seem right to me.

With this said, you knew the rules and hopefully you drafted accordingly so that you can be one of the owners that takes advantage of the stupid (IMO) rule.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:53 pm

I agree as well. I personally am not a fan of having Special Teams count with a defense because they are very counter-productive. The teams with the best chance at special teams are the ones with the worst defenses, because they have more opportunities when they are being scored on a ton. I think it should be individual player's stats, or nothing at all.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kmullen73 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, what do you think about the fumbles issues thou.
kmullen73
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm

kmullen73 wrote:Thanks for the reply, what do you think about the fumbles issues thou.

I have no problems with negative points for fumbles lost and positive points for fumble recoveries. I have that in every league I'm in. I think that if a RB loses a fumble he should get negative points since that fumble hurts his team. And a fumble recovery by the D is rare and helps the team so I have no problems with the D getting points for that. Just personal preference though. I think most people would agree with this, but not everyone.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby kmullen73 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:58 pm

I agree also, That was not my issue. My issue was with the -1 for fumbles that are not lost. (ie offense recovered). If our league has that they isnt and additional -3 for lost a bit much. I dont mind -3 for lost fumbles, lost being the key word, but I hate hate the -1 because a majority of fumbles come from the qb position, many of which arnt his fault, but cause by line breakdown.

Example, a qb has a decent day but has the ball knocked out of his hand 3 times of which all are recovered by the offense. He just lost 3 points for my team, but did not have a major negative effect on the game.
I understand its a lose of down, but do we penalize a rb that doesnt gain any yards on a running play? Has about the same effect.
kmullen73
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting