OK I know it's only week 1 and all but... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

OK I know it's only week 1 and all but...

Moderator: Football Moderators

OK I know it's only week 1 and all but...

Postby daveblotto » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:23 pm

I just know I'm going to regret taking S.Jackson over Portis in my 2 leagues. I swear to god I just feel like week 1 of Jackson is what I'm going to get all year!!! I know I know, get off the ledge right? I can't!! HELP ME!! :-o
daveblotto
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jrod2133 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 am

SJax will be fine. Denver's line didn't stop him and he had some nice hard runs. I'd rather have him than Portis. Calm down.
jrod2133
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: OK I know it's only week 1 and all but...

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:56 am

daveblotto wrote:I just know I'm going to regret taking S.Jackson over Portis in my 2 leagues. I swear to god I just feel like week 1 of Jackson is what I'm going to get all year!!! I know I know, get off the ledge right? I can't!! HELP ME!! :-o

I am guessing from this post that you play in some retarded system that gives something like 1pt/20 rushing yards and 6 per TD?

Serves you right then. Anything worse than 1pt/10 yards makes the whole thing a crapshoot since TD production is much tougher to predict accurately...

If you were in a league with decent settings then Portis earned you 11 points and S-Jax earned you 14...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby daveblotto » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:42 am

OK even though I'm 0-1 in both leagues, I'm not panicking any more. If I had only played M.Vick instead of Bledsoe in one league I Could have won, and in the other he had the PITTS D , Mncabb and Stallworth, like I had a chance! Jackson outscored Portis 17-11 in both leagues. I apologize for my Panic, I was just REALLY in a bad mood after getting my butt handed to me in week 1.
daveblotto
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: OK I know it's only week 1 and all but...

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:07 am

daveblotto wrote:I just know I'm going to regret taking S.Jackson over Portis in my 2 leagues. I swear to god I just feel like week 1 of Jackson is what I'm going to get all year!!! I know I know, get off the ledge right? I can't!! HELP ME!! :-o

I wonder how many people lost because the handcuffed Betts with Portis and decided to start Betts because he was supposed to get most of the carries. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting