John Hall downright sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

John Hall downright sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

John Hall downright sucks

Postby SniperShot » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Missed a key kick in the playoffs last year that cost us a chance when we were at Seattle. Has looked sucky in preseason missing almost anything outside of 40 yards.

I told a friend he would cost the Skins 2 games this season. You can put 1 in the books.

For any normal kicker 47 yards should be made at the very least 70% of the time. I'd say John Hall is probably 50/50 from 40 yards on any given day.

Had to vent after tonights miss. tTanks for hearing me out.

I would be a very happy person to see John Hall gone.

Gibbs loves him but right now I think 5 million people don't.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SkinSFan22 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:50 pm

I hate John Hall with a burning passion. He has to be the worst starting kicker in the league. Like SS said, he can barely hit from 40+, and he is inconsitent, and can't kick well under pressure. Yes, he is terrible but he wasn't all to blame for the Skins loss. Our defense was horrible. There were no big plays, no sacks, no interceptions, brad johnson completed passes all day, and there was bad coverage. I mean common, brad johnson isn't exactly the most mobile qb in the league, and i saw various opportunities that we could sack him (cough*marcus washington*cough). Defense was sloppy and played terribly, nothing like last years defense, nuff said. Offense was also pretty bad. Brunell acted like himself--and old man who can't throw the football. What with all these little 2-3 yard passes? There was only 1 completion of like 30+ yards, that just plain stinks. And I also noticed that Brunell kept on throwing the ball away, mabye because no receivers were open, but i don't know. I barely saw Lloyd do anything, and I though in a Al Saunders offense, the TE is supposed to be a factor, but Cooley wasn't in this game. I was surprised with Portis getting a significant amount of carries, and i'm quite pleased that he's better. I seriously hope that we replace Brunell for Campbell soon... Hopefully the Skins won't play as sloppy as they did today, a game in which they should've won.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:47 am

jeeezzz easy on the hall bashing. he did make 3 others. and kickers don't loose games teams loose games.
Hate the Defense if you want to hate something. that was horrible. no sacks on statue brad johnson that's just wrong. Oh and how about not being able to score in the redzone. that's BS too. It's not John Hall's fault.

Though it really did suck that he missed that last kick.

What pisses me off about the kicking game is why can't the kick off ever go in the endzone. I'm watching games over the weekend and seeing dudes hit the endzone on kick offs skins can't even get it past the 5. that suks.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:17 am

Heh I'm bashing John Hall not only because of Monday night.

It's been a buildup of misses throughout last year and this preseason that have been capped off with a crappy miss on Monday.

Everything else he made was inside the 30 yard line and even those kicks didn't look that great.

I just get really bad feelings whenever I see him go onto the field.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:49 am

Redskins Win wrote:jeeezzz easy on the hall bashing. he did make 3 others. and kickers don't loose games teams loose games.
Hate the Defense if you want to hate something. that was horrible. no sacks on statue brad johnson that's just wrong. Oh and how about not being able to score in the redzone. that's BS too. It's not John Hall's fault.

What pisses me off about the kicking game is why can't the kick off ever go in the endzone. I'm watching games over the weekend and seeing dudes hit the endzone on kick offs skins can't even get it past the 5. that suks.

He made three other UNDER 30 YARDS! We didnt do crap in the redzone but thats a different story.

I'm not blaming it all on Hall, we had plenty other problems (pass defense, 3rd down conversions on D and O, kickoff coverage) but he is AWFUL. What exactly do we pay him to do? He doesnt kickoff and he's 50-50 form outside 30 yards. if I was the coach he'd be out on his ass yesterday.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:43 pm

I want to see John Hall make a FG over 40 yards in a game. That's all I ask. Could come down to needing a FG this week as well.

But I really think the Dallas game is going to be much closer than most people think.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:29 am

terpfan wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:jeeezzz easy on the hall bashing. he did make 3 others. and kickers don't loose games teams loose games.

He made three other UNDER 30 YARDS! We didnt do crap in the redzone but thats a different story.

I'm not blaming it all on Hall, we had plenty other problems (pass defense, 3rd down conversions on D and O, kickoff coverage) but he is AWFUL. What exactly do we pay him to do? He doesnt kickoff and he's 50-50 form outside 30 yards. if I was the coach he'd be out on his ass yesterday.

who would you replace him with? Cortez? . . . AGAIN?
Personally I thought nick at nite novak could've won the job but that's neither here nor there >>>>>>>>>>>>>
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:26 pm

I never understood why the skins didn't go for another kicker in the past few years. Hall was a leftover from the Spurrier days, and ever since he got hurt he's been useless.

With guys like Aaron Elling sitting at home, I find it hard to believe that Hall is the best we can do.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Athrun340 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:29 pm

Nick Novak did a better job in kicking balls than john hall ;-D
Athrun340
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SkinSFan22 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:06 pm

Remeber when John Hall missed a crucial 38 yard field goal in the 4th quarter of the Seahawks game last year, and now the field goal this year... For Hall, anywhere from 30+ yards can easily be botched or missed. We need a new kicker, and I don't care who it is as long as he does a better job than Hall.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Washington Redskins