Return to College Football

3 Big Games in the South

Moderator: Football Moderators

3 Big Games in the South

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:23 am

LSU @ Auburn
UF @ Tenn
UM @ Louis

Enough of this Neb/USC and Mich/ND nonsense, it's time to talk about some real football, those games goin on in the south this weekend!

First off, the LSU/Aub game. After watching the Auburn game last week I have jumped on the bandwagon (not to mention their favorable schedule this year). They have some serious offensive weapons with serious experience. Led by the three headed attack of Brandon Cox, Kenny Irons, and Courtney Taylor the Tigers boast one of the most potent offenses in the SEC. Combined with that they have one heckuva backup RB in Brad Lester, remember that name... this kid is gonna be a stud. Let me also note that Auburn has just an amazing FG kicker. I saw the guy DRILL a 55 yarder against Miss St that legitamately could have gone five-ten yards further, and I'm not exagerrating... I think his name is Vaugn. I know LSU also has some playmakers in Dwayne Bowe and JaMarcus Russell but because of the homefield advantage and experience of Auburn I see Auburn pulling this one out with about a six point victory.

Next, onto my favorite game of the week... the UF/UT game. I gotta make the predictable choice and go with my Gators. I was leaning towards the Gators winning on Rocky Top already however when I heard that Tennessee's only returning front seven starter was out for the game as well as their second CB was also injured I knew I was going with the Gators. Tennessee's #1 CB also went down in the preseason. I see it being awefully tough for Tenn to stop Chris Leak and Co. without their best pass rusher and without their starting two CB's. Their only chance is to bring tons of pressure on Chris Leak and the inexperienced OL and see how they deal with it. My only concern is that if this gets into a shootout in Tennessee, Erik Ainge may get the last word. While the Gators' secondary has played well so far, they've played two Conference USA teams, not a real test as of yet. The UF DL is one of the best in the nation though so they should pressure Ainge all day long. I have to take the Gators in the victory by about ten.

Lastly, the UM/Louis game. This game is in Kentucky however I see UM as the hungry team right now. People say in the NFL that the team who wants it most wins, and I think that applies to this game. UM lost on National Television and this is their chance to impress the voters with most of the country seeing this game on ABC. The loss of Michael Bush against an already stout defense doesn't help much either. Brian Brohm will have trouble passing against this quick UM secondary led by Brandon Maryweather. I also see Tyrone Moss' return as a big help to the offense which should be able to handle the road game led by experienced QB Kyle Wright. I see UM pulling out a close one with a three point victory. Also, does anyone know when/if Ryan Moore will be returning?

Thoughts? Reactions? Predictions?
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:57 pm

I am a big fan of Auburn this year (I think they will win it all) but LSU is a top 5 team in their own right. I will say Auburn by a TD.

Tennessee looked horrible vs. Air Force and Florida has been hot and for some reason I see a Florida win. Florida by 10.

Louisville will get crushed. Miami by 17+.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:09 pm

I like Auburn by a field goal over LSU, for sure no more than 10 points. Should be a tough game but I dont see Auburn loosing at home.

Yeah Tennessee did'nt look good at all last week. I dont see them making much of an improvement agianst the Gators. I like Florida by at least 14.

I dont think Louisville will be blown out but it aint gonna be that close either. Miami buy 14.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:15 pm

No VT-Duke? }:-)

(b/c there's no contest really. :-D )
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indys_time » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:39 pm

canadian cheesehead, have to disagree and agree. Auburn top 3, but not national champs. And yeah I believe Miami wil crush Lousiville. Who has scored on the running game at will. The Canes won't let that happen.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:46 pm

With all those defensive players lost on Tenn, Florida will win. Auburn is going to beat LSU, by 3-7 and will be a national championship contender.

Miami is going to put a hurting on Louisville
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:16 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:With all those defensive players lost on Tenn, Florida will win. Auburn is going to beat LSU, by 3-7 and will be a national championship contender.

I agree that Florida and Auburn will win, but I'm not so sure that Miami is going to crush Louisville. I think that'll be a pretty close game. Even without Bush Louisville rolled up big yardage on the ground. If Louisville can control the ball this should be a competitive game.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:08 pm

knapplc wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:With all those defensive players lost on Tenn, Florida will win. Auburn is going to beat LSU, by 3-7 and will be a national championship contender.

I agree that Florida and Auburn will win, but I'm not so sure that Miami is going to crush Louisville. I think that'll be a pretty close game. Even without Bush Louisville rolled up big yardage on the ground. If Louisville can control the ball this should be a competitive game.

They were playing Temple who I can unequivocally say is the absolute worst team in college football. They have lost 12 straight and the spread on this game was like 49 points or something.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:17 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
knapplc wrote:I agree that Florida and Auburn will win, but I'm not so sure that Miami is going to crush Louisville. I think that'll be a pretty close game. Even without Bush Louisville rolled up big yardage on the ground. If Louisville can control the ball this should be a competitive game.

They were playing Temple who I can unequivocally say is the absolute worst team in college football. They have lost 12 straight and the spread on this game was like 49 points or something.

I hear ya. But they've still got a pretty good ground game. It'll be about ball control vs. Miami. If they can grind out drives they'll be in the game the whole way.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lsufan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:45 pm

I can't waite for the LSU vs Auburn game. There is so much pro level talent on both teams. Got to give the edge too Auburn but I love going to Auburn as underdogs. Our ability to run the ball is going to be key. I hope we see Alley Broussard more this game. JaMarcus and our WR's have looked great. LSU's defense has not given up a TD in I don't know how many quarters of play. Zenon and Landry have been outstanding. You got to watch this game if your a college football fan.

Neither team has played anbody worth a damn so far this season. Auburn had Wash. State and LSU had Arizona(game day on espn predicted trouble with LSU vs Arizona). Pretty much a toss up other then home field advantage.
lsufan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football