3 Big Games in the South - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

3 Big Games in the South

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mikus » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Alright then, I will be the first to say it:

LSU will beat Auburn tomorrow. (Me? A homer? No way!)

As for the other two: Miami in a closer game than most think, and Florida over Tennessee.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:16 pm

Everyone is picking UF but ignoring hte fact that we've sucked on the road lately. Hopefully we get that turned around this year but I think it will be close, and if it's a blowout it will probably be UF on the losing end of it.

Btw deeray, Tennessee lost only one defensive player. The DT is playing and doctor's say his play shouldn't be affected at all. It's just the type of injury that is going to get really bad if it doesn't get fixed, so he's waiting until after the UF game to have surgery.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:54 am

Free Bagel wrote:Everyone is picking UF but ignoring hte fact that we've sucked on the road lately. Hopefully we get that turned around this year but I think it will be close, and if it's a blowout it will probably be UF on the losing end of it.

Btw deeray, Tennessee lost only one defensive player. The DT is playing and doctor's say his play shouldn't be affected at all. It's just the type of injury that is going to get really bad if it doesn't get fixed, so he's waiting until after the UF game to have surgery.

The DT actually has lots of pain right now. He won't get further injured by playing one more day however he is playing with a great amount of pain at the moment. Fulmer said he could play anywhere from 5 plays to the entire game... somehow I see him playing 10 plays tops, I think he's just an emotional lift for the team and nothing more.

Also, don't forget that UT lost their other starting CB in the preseason.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kilroy » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:50 am

I'm way looking forward to both UT-Florida and Auburn-LSU, as I expect both to be close. (Although it's really not the same without Spurrier saying "You can't spell Citrus without UT" or something.)

My Buckeyes get the "day off" (at home vs. Cincinnati) so I can sleep in and then just kick back and watch the day unfold.

I love the NFL, but it's hard to beat a great Saturday of College Football,

I wish everyone good luck with their teams tomorrow (except of course That State Up North).

Happy Huntin' All! ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:18 pm

Way off on the Louisville game, but on point with Auburn. That was a great game. Typical SEC football at 7-3.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:58 pm

I don't know if that was typical SEC football. Both offenses looked bad and it wasn't all the Ds.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:22 pm

Sandrock wrote:I don't know if that was typical SEC football. Both offenses looked bad and it wasn't all the Ds.

Really? I only caught the very end and bits and pieces during Michigan/ND commercials, but it looked like it was mostly good defense to me.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:52 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
Sandrock wrote:I don't know if that was typical SEC football. Both offenses looked bad and it wasn't all the Ds.

Really? I only caught the very end and bits and pieces during Michigan/ND commercials, but it looked like it was mostly good defense to me.

Great defense by both teams. LSU contained Irons most of the game (save the one touchdown drive) and pressured Cox all day long, sacking him on numerous occasions.

Auburn shut down the LSU running game but Russell was able to pile up 267 yards through the air on 20-of-35 passing. No turnovers by LSU.

Funny thing, the refs ended up winning the game.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:55 pm

mikus wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:

Great defense by both teams. LSU contained Irons most of the game (save the one touchdown drive) and pressured Cox all day long, sacking him on numerous occasions.

Auburn shut down the LSU running game but Russell was able to pile up 267 yards through the air on 20-of-35 passing. No turnovers by LSU.

Funny thing, the refs ended up winning the game.

Russell lost the game for them. Had he thrown the ball away they would have had time for 2 more plays and probably could have scored, plus he had 2 open looks at the endzone and missed in the game. Don't blame the refs when u lose, there could were many opportunities to win the game and LSU didnt make them happen.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:02 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Russell lost the game for them. Had he thrown the ball away they would have had time for 2 more plays and probably could have scored, plus he had 2 open looks at the endzone and missed in the game. Don't blame the refs when u lose, there could were many opportunities to win the game and LSU didnt make them happen.

I agree that Russell played poorly down the stretch. You cannot take a sack with under a minute to play when you team has no timeouts, and you are out of the pocket. Throw the ball away.

However, the refs can and should be blamed at least partially. They blew a number of calls (pass interferece on Lafell in the endzone in the first half, the Jacob Hester catch-and-fumble of fourth-and-one in Auburn territory, the pass interference call near the end of the game ...). If it was just one call, like two years ago, then maybe you can let it slide. But when it amounts to a number of GAME CHANGING calls, that's when you can start placing the honus on the human error factor. Very sad loss for LSU, Auburn played a great game to take nothing away from them, but the referees were noticeable and impacted the game.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to College Football