Rate my team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rate my team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team

Postby Michaelu26 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:31 pm

I am in a 10 person league that went 16 rounds...I had the 4th overall pick. Points system pretty standard....6 points for touchdown, 10% of all rushing yards, 5% of all passing yards, -1 for each interception or fumble...etc

My team consists of (haven't decided on a starter yet in a few positions)

QB
Jeff Garcia
Trent Dilfer
RB
Ricky Williams
Tiki Barber
Clinton Portis
Dorsey Levens
WR
Rod Smith
Quadry Ismail
Jeremy Shockey
Antonio Bryant
Keenan McCardell
Antwaan Randel El
Koren Robinson
Byron Chamberlain
K
Adam Viniateri
Def
Dallas

We start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, k, def.....TE's included as WR

Any input appreciated
Michaelu26
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:38 pm

That's a pretty dam solid team!

Dallas as a D and Bryant as a WR are kinda iffy, IMO. Then again you are carrying 6 WRs, I'd trade one for another RB. Barber concerns me.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Need Better RB/WR corps

Postby Darin » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:51 pm

Good QB in Garcia and doesn't throw many INT's Be a solid person for you. I'd dump ole Dill Hole and pickup another QB if possible.

Here is your problem. Barber is hurt, played hurt most of last season as well. Levens is probably backup/cleanup. Portis is a big ??.

R. Smith is a good WR, McCardell should see some action opposite K. Johnson. IsMail is an iffy because I do not know how good QB he will have throwing to me. You have a lot of no name WR's that you might be able to use for bate or drop and pickup someone a little more dependable. I'd go for a different RB first, then a different WR. You are not in BAD shape, but I'd like to see a few more name brands that are dependable.

Is Freeman of Philly still available? If so pick him up. He would be better than some of the other WR's you have.

Darin

Darin
Darin

Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:22 pm

Well, Ismail will have Mr. Peyton Manning tossing him the ball... Not bad, eh?
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Michaelu26 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:02 pm

bttt
Michaelu26

Postby Michaelu26 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:03 pm

Im looking at picking up both Muhsin Muhammed and Kevin Dyson and dropping Chamberlain and Levens....TE's count as WR's in this league anyway.......

smart move or no?
Michaelu26

Postby slowkidz » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:07 pm

I like Chamberlain's odds in Minnesota...With the only other real threat right now being Moss, he could be in for a good year. Him and Culpepper started getting together last year and I think it should carry over...I would look at picking up another RB just to back up those you have...Freeman would be a good pick up if available, or even D. Bates, Dyson, Stokes....all should be good no.2 WRs....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby SolarfluX » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:15 am

Michaelu26 wrote:bttt

Why the need to 'bump to the top' if you are going to post something again only a minute later?

Michaelu26 wrote:Im looking at picking up both Muhsin Muhammed and Kevin Dyson and dropping Chamberlain and Levens....TE's count as WR's in this league anyway.......

smart move or no?

Not really. Muhammad is a WEAK #1 WR for CAR, Dyson is an average #2.

If you drop Levens, that only leaves you with 3 RBs; you'd better get some more. You have too many WRs already. Check your point system again, you will get more points from your RBs than your WRs.

Antonio Bryant is definitely replaceable. Maybe a sleeper next year, but not this year.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:54 pm

You are hurtin a RB. Williams is a stud but even he concerns me. Norv Turner will be running the crap out of Ricky and that could be good if the O-line does its job but if not injuries could come into play. But anyway barring no injuries you have only 1 solid RB.

Tiki shares time and is banged up already.

Portis fumbled enough times already that Gary will probably start week 1 and will probably share time anyway knowing Shanahan.

And 1 equation for you:
Dorsey Levens + Bad knees + Vet Turf + Backup = 0 points.

Find a way to trade for RB's. Even is you have to trade a good WR. RB's are scarce, WR are a dime a dozen.

Good Luck! ;-D

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk