Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!!

Postby knapplc » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 am

We got in Sunday at 6pm but I was so wasted I couldn’t see straight. I had been up for 41 of the past 43 hours and traveling for 19 straight hours, 15 in the air. Sunday was a day from hell. No matter how much you like your In-Laws, traveling with them for that long is a great way to get them on your nerves. My father-in-law had a meltdown worse than anything my three-year-old produced when he got inspected by Customs in Minneapolis. He about bit my head off when I tried to tell him they were just doing their job. It wasn’t pretty.

Paris was HOT!!! We were roasting Sunday through Wednesday, then it turned cool on Thursday and Friday and Saturday were beautiful. We were there for my sister-in-law’s wedding, and that whole process was awesome. The reception was on a boat on the Seine, docked under Notre Dame to start, then we went up and down the river past the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and whatnot. I have some awesome pictures from that trip.

My daughter was the only child amongst the group, and despite jet lag and despite the different environment and despite the new food and strange bed and everything, she did awesome. She had a couple of tantrums mostly from lack of sleep because we had to skip naps a couple of days, but overall she traveled very well. She really enjoyed her trips on the Great Big Airplanes, much more than her daddy did. It’s a lot easier to enjoy a plane ride when you’re 3’6” instead of 6’3”. :-b

The only bad part of the trip was Wednesday night when the guys went out. All we did was go to a bar down the street and drink beer and watch the France vs. Italy soccer match. It was interesting to see true soccer fans get so into the match. They were pumped like fans at an NFL playoff game. We drank and drank and drank half liters of beer and I don’t usually drink too much, so I was pretty soused when we left the bar, then we headed back to the bride’s apartment for more. Thursday morning was pretty grim for me, but some of the guys had been doing tequila shots and were in even worse shape.

All in all I’m glad to be back. Hauling around In-Laws and a three-year-old, no matter how good they’re being for most of the trip, is pretty exhausting.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 am

15 hours in the air with a 3 year old??? 8-o

4 hours across country with one is bad enough, I can only imagine 15......

Do you need a hug? :-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:53 am

knapplc wrote:My father-in-law had a meltdown worse than anything my three-year-old produced when he got inspected by Customs in Minneapolis. He about bit my head off when I tried to tell him they were just doing their job. It wasn’t pretty.

That sounds like a funny story right there. :-b

Glad to have you back Knapp. You do realize football (REAL football) officially started while you were away? Oh, well, sounds like you had a good time. Pretty extravagant wedding. Glad the in-laws and kid didn't do you in. We stayed in a hotel with our son when he was about 2 and it was a nightmare. None of us got a bit of sleep that night.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby gablefan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:55 am

If he was travleing with the in-laws, it sounds like he might need another beer!
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:59 am

Glad to have you back , and to hear all went well. :-)

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:04 pm

welcome back... yeah... I drank those crazy large beers. Have to drink it fast or it goes warm. Hey, did you have one of those 2 foot long hotdogs with swiss cheese over top... pretty popular lunch food.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!!

Postby dream_017 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:08 pm

knapplc wrote:Paris was HOT!!!

Welcome back Knapp ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Welcome back! ;-D
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:26 pm

welcome back knapp. ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:26 pm

welcome back! Glad to see you got home safely and got home in time to watch the USC game!

Lets go get BOOTY!!! :-b
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk