Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Back From France... looks like GT has been busy without me!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:16 pm

knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Welcome back. The place just ain't the same without you.

Curious, what kind of beer was it that you were drinking?

I didn't like the results of that soccer match. I'm sure the French like the results though. Too little too late for them.

Carlsberg at the bar and Heineken at the apartment. Standard European stuff. Nothing fun.

I was in Corsica a month ago and they have some pretty interesting beer down there. The Pietra was pretty damn good!

So knap, bon retour à la maison!
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Welcome back knapp... you were sorely missed... even though this is the first time I've posted in GT in awhile. ;-D

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:25 pm

Sounds like you had an interesting time in France. I had the same experience as you to some extent, but try living there for a year. :-b

I'm 6'2"-6'3" ish and man, those Airbus planes don't provide much room. I mentioned on the dark side that the arm and legroom was awful on one trip going to London that each time I accidentally slumped my arm over the armrest and into the aisle, I would accidentally smack the same stewardess' bum. :-b I like air travel though and to me, I can make 10-15 hours in the air seem like just an hour.

I can only imagine the pub atmosphere during a soccer match in Europe, let alone a France/Italy match for Euro 2008 qualifying. But then again, it lacked something like 9 out of Italy's starting 11 at the World Cup Final and of course, France had no Zizou (Zinedine Zidane). I'm always glad when Italy loses, but you know what real football is? No, not American football. No, not FIFA football, but CLUB FOOTBALL. That means English Premiership, Spanish La Liga, German Bundesliga, and yes, even boring, boring Italian Serie A. Soccer at the club level (think Manchester United, Barcelona, AC Milan) is a lot more intense and more fluid than the corrupt international soccer game. So, that means Italy, your WC is illegitimate. Spain and England still draw in the best players in the world. ;-D Sorry for the segue, but it must be said. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:
knapplc wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Welcome back. The place just ain't the same without you.

Curious, what kind of beer was it that you were drinking?

I didn't like the results of that soccer match. I'm sure the French like the results though. Too little too late for them.

Carlsberg at the bar and Heineken at the apartment. Standard European stuff. Nothing fun.

I was in Corsica a month ago and they have some pretty interesting beer down there. The Pietra was pretty damn good!

So knap, bon retour à la maison!

Cool, I'll give it a try if I can find it.

I'm into Belgian ales. I figured since Belgium is a satelite of France that you may have indulged in the good stuff.
If anyone likes a good conversation about beer there is an ongoing thread on the dark side regarding it.
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=237413

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Welcome back ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:33 pm

Welcome back.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:52 pm

great to have you back knap. although we kept it running around here, its just not the same when youre not here. :-D

plane rides to and from europe are hell; i doubt id be able to take it if i were your daugher's age. getting sleep on the way there and not sleeping on the way back really helped, although i was on a very irregular sleeping pattern for a few days after i got back. sounds like you had a great time; glad to hear it. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk