Most annoying commentator - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Most annoying commentator

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:21 am

drewt924 wrote:What I was wondereing - was Michelle Tafoya trying to look like Suzy Kolber, or Vice-Versa. They were dressed alike & had the same hair - the whole thing was kinda giving me the creeps...

Good call on Kolber's hair--she had done something positive with it as it usually is bird's nest esque. As the game wore on it got more out of control, but was still better than usual. I don't know that Suzy was trying to look like Tafoya as much as she was trying to look "normal."
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Papac » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:13 am

I get tired of sideline reporters and commentators in general thinking that I am watching because of them and not the football game. I hate when the game is going on and they go to the sideline to talk to P. Diddy or are in the booth talking about the new car that TO got. Apparently they dont like a football game getting in the way of their fake laughs and annyoing banter. Whoever can sit up there and say the least amount of words gets my vote for GOAT.

On a side note, I like Jaws b/c he does a good job of explaining in football terms what is going on. He actually adds something to the game. He has a tendancy to get on peoples jock straps, but at least he breaks down the play in the process.
Papac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:38 am

Theisman = worst

Theisman and Maguire on SNF over the last few years however, was the most excrutiating thing in the history of the game. Its actually a minor improvement that Theisman has been paired with Mike Tirico (sorry moony, but he's non-offensive, so I don't dislike him) and Kornheiser (who actually seems to do research and say things that intelligent observers of the game might say)

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 pm

I actually like the bunch that did the SD/Oak massacre Monday. The play by play dude was inobtrusive, yet was able to emote, something Tirico cannot do.
I enjoyed Vermeil's commentary, he gave an insight to the game that was refreshing. Pointed out things happening as plays were developing that are generally missed until replays. Very surprised.
Jaws was better than I expected. I, unlike most, don't mind the color guy being a blow hard. It adds to the show. Jaws did a credible job.
I would love to hear more from these guys in the future. Blew Tirico/Kornheiser/Theisman out of the water.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby maddog088 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:04 pm

Where's Brian Balldinger on that list. He's pretty damn bad.
maddog088
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:06 pm

moonhead wrote:i like bonnie bernstein. :-L

I'll see your Bonnie Bernstein and raise you an Erin Andrews.

Smoking hot :-° :-L :-* ;-D

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Cris Collinsworth

Postby u_fig_eater » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:30 pm

Cris Collinsworth. He acts like a smart a**.
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:39 pm

Daylight come and me want Delhomme. Someone melt Chris Berman's face off with an arc welder. I can't stand that guy. National games in any sport should be called in an unbiased and reasonably objective manner. The guy made me want to buy a sniper rifle during last year's MLB playoffs.

Suzy must go, too.

Costas... I respected him for a while. But then the Gumble-like politics and the plagiarized speech from The West Wing, used during the Kentucky Derby crap... done.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Goose » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:28 pm

FatFoot wrote:Daylight come and me want Delhomme. Someone melt Chris Berman's face off with an arc welder. I can't stand that guy. National games in any sport should be called in an unbiased and reasonably objective manner. The guy made me want to buy a sniper rifle during last year's MLB playoffs.

Suzy must go, too.

Costas... I respected him for a while. But then the Gumble-like politics and the plagiarized speech from The West Wing, used during the Kentucky Derby crap... done.

This is one of the greatest single all-time posts in the history of the FORUM. It should be framed. Outstanding.

Berman is a total hack. He is a caraciture of himself.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:09 pm

The funniest thing is that Matt Millen somehow managed to find something he is WORSE at than a gameday analyst. Millen's neandrathal approach is what gave guys like Baldinger a job. There is some strange movement by networks to hire big dumb guys who actually seem to TRY to be like Madden. Why anyone would lower their goals in such a way is beyond me.

It has taken all my strength to stomach Golic on Mike&Mike for all these years - I don't need to hear 300 lb. offensive lineman with 6th grade grammar on Sundays as well.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting