Most annoying commentator - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Most annoying commentator

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby NolascoForGod » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Theisman is the worse to listen to, if i ever met him personally I would say "Yes...we all know you broke your f'n leg on monday night football...you don't need to tell us anymore"

i swear if he says it one more time the Japanese mafia should appear and finish the job on him.
NolascoForGod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dciguy01 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:13 pm

MICHAEL IRVIN. He adds no real insight to the game. He is horribly biased toward certain teams and he just reaches for points...
2004 Marching Junkies League Champion
2005 Yahoo Public League Champion (thanks FF Cafe)
dciguy01
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:52 pm

The_Dude wrote:Theisman = worst

Theisman and Maguire on SNF over the last few years however, was the most excrutiating thing in the history of the game. Its actually a minor improvement that Theisman has been paired with Mike Tirico (sorry moony, but he's non-offensive, so I don't dislike him) and Kornheiser (who actually seems to do research and say things that intelligent observers of the game might say)

Agreed. Tirico might not be the best, but he's a 6,000,000,000% increase over Theismann/MaGuire. (trying to watch College Football the other day and I hear "that voice". I'm thinking "Nooooo. Can't be. He's gone". Nope, like Jason flippin' Vorhees there's Paul.)

I kinda like Kornheiser. His timing needs a little work, but that's to be expected, and as Dude said he has some good observations.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:28 am

I think Kornheiser just needs to be himself. He sounds so scripted. Everything he says is either a quote from someone or an obvious setup line for Thighs-man. I wish he would just make intelligent observations and opinions like he does in every other job he's ever had. Although, I did have a problem with him repeatedly making the argument that the "game was over" in the Jags/Steelers game. How is that good for ratings, encouraging me to go to bed with 3 minutes left in the game?

Thighs-man is the biggest kiss up, and it only gets worse. The only thing I give him credit for is openly calling T.O. a selfish jerk.

I wish Spielman did pro games. He's a good analyst.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:08 am

dgan wrote:I think Kornheiser just needs to be himself. He sounds so scripted. Everything he says is either a quote from someone or an obvious setup line for Thighs-man. I wish he would just make intelligent observations and opinions like he does in every other job he's ever had. Although, I did have a problem with him repeatedly making the argument that the "game was over" in the Jags/Steelers game. How is that good for ratings, encouraging me to go to bed with 3 minutes left in the game?

Thighs-man is the biggest kiss up, and it only gets worse. The only thing I give him credit for is openly calling T.O. a selfish jerk.

I wish Spielman did pro games. He's a good analyst.

That is what I feel the problem is: Kornheiser wishes the games would be over sooner. I don't think this is a guy who would be watching the game if he weren't in the booth. I'm not impressed with his knowledge or love of the game. I also get the impression that he is trying to be funny, but the his humor doesn't translate well in the booth.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:01 pm

This question is now a poll on the front page in case you havent seen it. Be sure to vote there as well.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MatthewGeological » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:32 pm

OM EFFING GOD!!!!!!!!!!! It has to be BERMAN and his effing combover. This jackass hasn't said something original in years.

Next is Madden and his ever growing snouzer. His comments are so discombobulated with rhetoric
MatthewGeological
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:05 pm

The whole NBC thing at 7 pm on sunday night is ridiculous. Bob Costas looks more like he should be commenting on synchronized swimming rather than football. He's totally out of place and the music NBC has is retarded, sounds so dramatic. The ABC monday night music the last few years was exciting.
You can tell that Bettis is still trying to figure the whole primetime TV thing. Sterling Sharpe is too loud. Collinsworth is okay.

Dick Edberg and John Madden are too old and too slow to react to what's happening on the field.

Al Michaels is alright, but needs a better sidekick that actually provides usefull analysis.

Joe Buck I like. He's got a good play by play voice. But Troy Aikman has to go. He doesn't provide usefull analysis either.

The current monday night crew is not up to snuff.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:41 am

I miss Melissa Stark. Hot AND smart -- knows her sports -- can't beat that. I think I saw her anchoring MSNBC a couple weeks ago....
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting