Lelie Or Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lelie Or Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:46 pm

Lelie is a better wr in my opinion. And he will never be double-teamed with Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe on the team. And Boldin has been having worse stats every week since week 1.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Clockerq » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:11 pm

i picked up boldin on waivers early and traded antonio bryant for lelie. boldin is on a bad team with a bad offense. i think lelie will be denvers #1 wr by midseason. budding superstar and a definite player for keeper leagues. move over r.s and ed mc.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:14 pm

Boldin and his many receptions have shown us that Week 1 was no fluke. Lelie's only played decently in two games and is still the #3 WR in Denver. Boldin>Lelie

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby hawksfan896 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:02 pm

Uhhh, did I fall asleep for a few weeks and Lelie started doing something? For those of you who haven't lost more than 1 finger in a tragic logging accident, you can literally count Lelie's TOTAL receptions this year on your fingers. Boldin, meanwhile, has only set NFL records for catches (30) and receiving yards (464) in his first four career games. I'll take a guy with 8 catches a week and no TDs to a guy with 3 catches any day. It's only a matter of time before he starts finding the end zone more.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby Clockerq » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:17 pm

hey hawks fan let me clue u in on something. this is about forecasting the FUTURE!!! we're talking about 2 players who have very little experience and exposure. Can't go to the stats at this early stage. I'll stick with Lelie for the offensive powerhouse Broncos over Boldins inept Cardinal team. Remember Rod S. and Edie Mac are getting old,,especially Mac,,and hes hurt all the time. I'm sending you, hawks fan, an invite to my $200 fee league next year. I want guys like you in it!!!!!!
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:47 pm

clockerq wrote:hey hawks fan let me clue u in on something. this is about forecasting the FUTURE!!! we're talking about 2 players who have very little experience and exposure. Can't go to the stats at this early stage. I'll stick with Lelie for the offensive powerhouse Broncos over Boldins inept Cardinal team. Remember Rod S. and Edie Mac are getting old,,especially Mac,,and hes hurt all the time. I'm sending you, hawks fan, an invite to my $200 fee league next year. I want guys like you in it!!!!!!

It seems to me that stats would be very helpful in predicting the future unless you have some type of super power. And you brought up a good point about the two teams. Boldin is about the only weapon the Cards have. On the other side, the Broncos have Portis. And you can't forget that Lelie is still a #3 WR on his own team.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Clockerq » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:42 pm

actually there are 2 other wr's who were ranked higher on the card depth chart than boldin,,but they have been injured and are due to come back,,don't mistake my intention here,,i like boldin,, i picked him up,,but i like lelie and lelie IS NOT THE #3 receiver on the Broncos,,hes moved ahead of Eddie Mac and closing in on aging R. Smith. Both of these guys should be good fantasy players in the future. I just like Lelie better now,,for this season.
Clockerq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:15 pm

clockerq wrote:actually there are 2 other wr's who were ranked higher on the card depth chart than boldin,,but they have been injured and are due to come back,,don't mistake my intention here,,i like boldin,, i picked him up,,but i like lelie and lelie IS NOT THE #3 receiver on the Broncos,,hes moved ahead of Eddie Mac and closing in on aging R. Smith. Both of these guys should be good fantasy players in the future. I just like Lelie better now,,for this season.

I hate to tell you, but Lelie IS the #3 receiver on the Broncos. Say hello to my little friend...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134

Even if Boldin isn't supposed to be #1 on the depth chart, he is. And the fact is, he's becoming Arizona's main offensive weapon.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ousmagic » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:47 pm

Vhawk i dont care if lelie is there 3rd WR or there 6th WR cause plummer throws his way more then mccafrey and rod smith and thats what counts not looking at there depth chart on paper
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:52 pm

Ousmagic wrote:Vhawk i dont care if lelie is there 3rd WR or there 6th WR cause plummer throws his way more then mccafrey and rod smith and thats what counts not looking at there depth chart on paper

I'm not saying that he is always the third option, I'm just saying that there are two other "capable" receivers on his team that are considered better by some people. On the other hand, Boldin as become his team's main offensive threat. This explains why Boldin has more yards and catches than Lelie.

VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk