Lelie Or Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lelie Or Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ben_ffc » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:08 pm

"Boldin as become his team's main offensive threat. This explains why Boldin has more yards and catches than Lelie..."

and why boldin will regularly be double-teamed, while lelie draws single coverage for those big plays. dude, you take boldin and go with him. he's not a bad option at all.

but i'm going with lelie.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:10 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
I hate to tell you, but Lelie IS the #3 receiver on the Broncos. Say hello to my little friend...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134.

Come on VHawk. No matter what that website says, if you've watched any Bronco football you know that Lelie is the man. Smith may see more looks at the moment, but Lelie will finish with better numbers than him. And Easy Ed is no longer even an option in this offense.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:18 pm

He might get more looks than Eddy, but I was just showing you what the official website says. But it really doesn't matter how many looks he gets, Boldin is the better player.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kid a » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:38 pm

VHawk15 wrote:He might get more looks than Eddy, but I was just showing you what the official website says. But it really doesn't matter how many looks he gets, Boldin is the better player.

k, got'cha, I can see your side with Boldin although I'd go Lelie. It's when Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery are used to show downside to Lelie that I have to get vocal, 1 needed to retire a year ago and the other has 1 year left. :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby anth » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:44 pm

Cardinals coach has said that even when all receivers are healthy Boldin and Johnson have earned their spots as #1 and #2. Lelie is good but I think Boldin will be better this year. A lot more weapons to spread it out to in Denver. Boldin is gettin honed in on even in the red zone. I'll take Boldin's potential over Lelie's at this point.
anth

Friendliness: %

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:47 pm

Sep 25--Wide receivers Bryan Gilmore (knee) and Larry Foster (ankle) returned to practice on Wednesday, the Arizona Republic reported....Both Gilmore and Foster were starters before being injured in week one, but now they have lost their jobs to Anquan Boldin and Bryant Johnson. The two rookies will continue to start even if Gilmore and Foster are both ready to play on Sunday. "I think they've earned it, don't you?" head coach Dave McGinnis asked.

That's all I'm going to say about Boldin's position on his own team.

And as for Lelie, I agree he's a big-play type guy.....but, and I can't stress this enough....*ahem*......HE HAS NINE FREAKING CATCHES!!!!! NINE!! IN FOUR GAMES!!!

Just because a guy snags a few TDs doesn't mean he's the second freaking coming. Plus, if he supposedly gets all these looks, is Jake Plummer just not finding him? Smith and Sharpe (yeah, the tight end) have both just about doubled him up on catches, and even Easy Eddy only has 2 less catches, and he missed the first game. So, this begs my final question....

If you don't want to judge players on past performances, as you so classlessly pointed out...WTF do you judge them on? Do you and Shannahan and Plummer get sauced at the Regal Beagle on Saturday nights and go "You know what would be awesome? Let's throw the ball to a dude named Ashley more often. Try to get the announcers to laugh". If you have inside info like that then I certainly don't want to play in your little league.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby gandalfsbane2004 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:50 pm

i would have to go with lelie just because his on a better team and will probably get more TD's. Boldin is still amazing though.
gandalfsbane2004
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Lord Grym » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:21 pm

I agree with Hawk ALL THE WAY. I don't get you other guys. Boldin is THE LEAGUE LEADER! HE'S HAVING A BETTER YEAR THAN RANDY MOSS DID HIS ROOKIE YEAR! I will never understand some point of views. I will accept them to be opinions, but c'mon. You're comparing apples to oranges. I mean...if it weren't for last weeks performance by Peyton Manning...Harrison only had one TD. So does he suck too? Same goes for Moss. He sucks? If you are getting the ball 8 times a game...let me repeat that. EIGHT TIMES A GAME. You are doing your job. You are getting open, even if double coverage. Christ...they Double cover Coles, does that mean I should sit him on the bench and pick up Gardner? It's absolute crazy talk. HE IS THE LEAGUE LEADER FOR THE LAST TIME. Untill he fades away into nothing...I would start him every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.
Lord Grym
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Writer

Postby hawksfan896 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:31 pm

Lord Grym wrote:I agree with Hawk ALL THE WAY. I don't get you other guys. Boldin is THE LEAGUE LEADER! HE'S HAVING A BETTER YEAR THAN RANDY MOSS DID HIS ROOKIE YEAR! I will never understand some point of views. I will accept them to be opinions, but c'mon. You're comparing apples to oranges. I mean...if it weren't for last weeks performance by Peyton Manning...Harrison only had one TD. So does he suck too? Same goes for Moss. He sucks? If you are getting the ball 8 times a game...let me repeat that. EIGHT TIMES A GAME. You are doing your job. You are getting open, even if double coverage. Christ...they Double cover Coles, does that mean I should sit him on the bench and pick up Gardner? It's absolute crazy talk. HE IS THE LEAGUE LEADER FOR THE LAST TIME. Untill he fades away into nothing...I would start him every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

word.
"When I was a kid I thought I was going to be the starting centerfielder for the Boston Red Sox. Life sucks, get a f___ing helmet." --Dennis Leary
hawksfan896
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:02 am

Guys, look at these stats:
http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/12576

He started only 11 games his ROOKIE year, and he still had 1313 yds and 17 tds, on only 69 receptions! If Boldin ends the year with those stats, then tell me he is a better player. Moss' first five years in the league are better than any other wrs' in history...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk