Lelie Or Boldin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Lelie Or Boldin

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kid a » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:07 am

Lord Grym wrote:I agree with Hawk ALL THE WAY. I don't get you other guys. Boldin is THE LEAGUE LEADER! HE'S HAVING A BETTER YEAR THAN RANDY MOSS DID HIS ROOKIE YEAR! I will never understand some point of views. I will accept them to be opinions, but c'mon. You're comparing apples to oranges. I mean...if it weren't for last weeks performance by Peyton Manning...Harrison only had one TD. So does he suck too? Same goes for Moss. He sucks? If you are getting the ball 8 times a game...let me repeat that. EIGHT TIMES A GAME. You are doing your job. You are getting open, even if double coverage. Christ...they Double cover Coles, does that mean I should sit him on the bench and pick up Gardner? It's absolute crazy talk. HE IS THE LEAGUE LEADER FOR THE LAST TIME. Untill he fades away into nothing...I would start him every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.



Lol, point taken.

But I'll ask you this: How long before he starts seeing triple teams? Do you think Arizona has anyone else to draw coverage away from Boldin? Do you think the Arizona offense is legit??

I wouldn't mine owning Boldin. He's a bright young star looking pretty damn good in the NFL. But will he repeat his September numbers in October, November, or December?? I don't think so.

Do I think Lelie is a better option with a little more upside? Yeah, I do.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:10 am

Forgot one thing on my other post, Boldin's points totals every week are going down. Lelie's are going up.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5603
Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lord Grym » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:56 pm

Lelie:

1st Game: 0 Receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's
2nd Game: 2 Receptions, 45 yards, 0TD's
3rd Game: 3 Receptions, 108 yards, 1 TD
4th Game: 4 Receptions, 76 Yards, 1 TD

Boldin:

1st Game: 10 Receptions, 217 Yards, 2 TD's
2nd Game: 8 Receptions, 62 Yards, 0 TD's
3rd Game: 5 Receptions, 99 yards, 0 TD's
4th Game: 7 Receptions, 86 yards, 0 TD's

I am done arguing. This isn't even a comparison. Boldin has gotten the ball 30 TIMES! He is the #1 wide reciever. How can you compare these two? If Lelie hadn't gotten 2 TD's, he would be sitting in FA right now. Boldin is getting the ball more than ANYONE in the NFL behind Hines Ward with 31 Receptions. Do what you want, but if I had Boldin, I would trade Lelie to one of you fellas for Priest Holmes (Since you think he is all that and a bag of chips.) and stomp the ever lovin' crap out of your team. I am 4 - 0 in my 12 man league. I am STILL trying to get my hands back on Boldin. (He was worth the trade though)
Lord Grym
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Stafford, VA

Postby King Grum » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:53 pm

Lord Grym wrote:Lelie:
I am 4 - 0 in my 12 man league. I am STILL trying to get my hands back on Boldin. (He was worth the trade though)


C'mon, as if that's supposed to give you credibility? Well...

I am 15-0 in my 50-man league!!! So there!
King Grum


Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Lord Grym » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:37 pm

King Grum wrote:
Lord Grym wrote:Lelie:
I am 4 - 0 in my 12 man league. I am STILL trying to get my hands back on Boldin. (He was worth the trade though)


C'mon, as if that's supposed to give you credibility? Well...

I am 15-0 in my 50-man league!!! So there!


I would say yes...it does give me credibility. But, since you feel like having a pissing contest...find someone else. If you wanted to boast about your team...go to the roster forum. What game are you playing in a 50 man league?? Laccross? Think what you want. I will think what I want. Have a good life.
Lord Grym
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Stafford, VA

Postby VHawk15 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:19 pm

Lord Grym speaks the truth.
Image


The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 9483
Joined: 8 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In the V-Nest

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:13 am

if this question was poised as a fantasy question...then the answer is clearly Lelie......just because he benefits by having other receivers around him.....super stars in fact,,,....sort of like Porter.....sort of a no brainer.....on any givin day.....which one is gonna be more open?
Image
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1633
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Orange and Blue » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:35 am

kid a wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:He might get more looks than Eddy, but I was just showing you what the official website says. But it really doesn't matter how many looks he gets, Boldin is the better player.


k, got'cha, I can see your side with Boldin although I'd go Lelie. It's when Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery are used to show downside to Lelie that I have to get vocal, 1 needed to retire a year ago and the other has 1 year left. :)


Ed McCaffrey is still one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. He is not "injury prone"- he is incredibly durable. He just happened to get his leg broken in a freak play that would have broken anyone's leg, even Brett Favre's. I must point out one more time- he is still an amazing blocker. As is Rod Smith. The reason Denver's running game does so well is because the receivers block so well. Lelie does NOT block as well, so he will be losing field time to Eddie even if he IS a bigger receiving threat.

By the way, VHawk, Shannahan announced that Lelie is officially the team's #2 WR, despite what the depth chart says. However, he also announced that he has 3 receivers, and that the rankings are just for who is on the field during the first play of the game. The rest of the game is all a crapshoot as to which of the 3 sees the most playing time.

Kid A, if Smith and McC are so horrible and in need of a retirement, why won't teams just triple cover Lelie?

My opinion is that Bryant Johnson has been playing well enough to keep opposing defenses honest and off of Boldin, much like Reggie Wayne is keeping Harrison in single or double coverage at most. Also, Blake has a habit of locking into a single receiver and making them a star. Starting Lelie is like relying on Hall to get a kick return for a touchdown every week- yes it happens, but just because it happened several times so far does not mean it's a sure thing. Lelie could either be 2 receptions for 20 yards or 4 receptions for 150 yards and a score, it's all a crap shoot. I prefer Boldin because he's a lot more reliable and predictable.

From a non-fantasy standpoint, I prefer Lelie, because he's extremely exciting to watch.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 649
Joined: 4 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:41 am

Orange and Blue wrote:
kid a wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:He might get more looks than Eddy, but I was just showing you what the official website says. But it really doesn't matter how many looks he gets, Boldin is the better player.


k, got'cha, I can see your side with Boldin although I'd go Lelie. It's when Rod Smith and Ed McCaffery are used to show downside to Lelie that I have to get vocal, 1 needed to retire a year ago and the other has 1 year left. :)


Ed McCaffrey is still one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. He is not "injury prone"- he is incredibly durable. He just happened to get his leg broken in a freak play that would have broken anyone's leg, even Brett Favre's. I must point out one more time- he is still an amazing blocker. As is Rod Smith. The reason Denver's running game does so well is because the receivers block so well. Lelie does NOT block as well, so he will be losing field time to Eddie even if he IS a bigger receiving threat.

By the way, VHawk, Shannahan announced that Lelie is officially the team's #2 WR, despite what the depth chart says. However, he also announced that he has 3 receivers, and that the rankings are just for who is on the field during the first play of the game. The rest of the game is all a crapshoot as to which of the 3 sees the most playing time.

Kid A, if Smith and McC are so horrible and in need of a retirement, why won't teams just triple cover Lelie?

My opinion is that Bryant Johnson has been playing well enough to keep opposing defenses honest and off of Boldin, much like Reggie Wayne is keeping Harrison in single or double coverage at most. Also, Blake has a habit of locking into a single receiver and making them a star. Starting Lelie is like relying on Hall to get a kick return for a touchdown every week- yes it happens, but just because it happened several times so far does not mean it's a sure thing. Lelie could either be 2 receptions for 20 yards or 4 receptions for 150 yards and a score, it's all a crap shoot. I prefer Boldin because he's a lot more reliable and predictable.

From a non-fantasy standpoint, I prefer Lelie, because he's extremely exciting to watch.



Lots of great points, very good post!!

Where I disagree: I love Ed McCaffery, he's the definition of a tough-as-nails WR who gives 150%. But life is unfair, and when he broke his leg at such an old football age, he probably should have hung it up. He rehabbed to get back into the game he loved so much, rehabbed quickly at that, but now has re-entered the game as little more than a blocking WR. His blocking is valuable of course, but he is not, in any way shape or form, going to take numbers away from Lelie. If anything, Easy Ed's blocking will create more yards after catch for Lelie.

As for Rod Smith, he's certainly got some left in the tank, is a good blocker, and is still a dangerous WR. I was exaggerating with the retirement thing. But he's on the downswing of a great career, his best days are behind him and Lelie is the future. And all the chemistry built with Elway and Griese left the building when Jake the Snake was brought in. Jake is building his chemistry right now and his big plays have come with Lelie.

If Smith went down, Lelie would get double and triple covered and struggle. But I don't see Smith taking anything away from Lelie either right now.

Sorry if I was too hard on your boys, just my opinions. :)
Last edited by kid a on Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 524
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Top of the standings you suckaz!!!

Postby Lord Grym » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:30 am

Zombiez wrote:if this question was poised as a fantasy question...then the answer is clearly Lelie......just because he benefits by having other receivers around him.....super stars in fact,,,....sort of like Porter.....sort of a no brainer.....on any givin day.....which one is gonna be more open?


Zombiez,

This is not the second week in the NFL. We are heading into the 5th week. Defensive coordinators have had time to look over Arizona's game tapes...Boldin is still getting open. They will not triple Boldin. Emmit Smith may be old, but I'm sure DT coaches still keep their eyes on the #1 Rusher in NFL history. And the point that, "Orange and Blue" made about Bryant Johnson is very true, although the Cards are pathetic, they are still NFL players. They aren't going to leave a man open, when he has the opportunity to score.
Lord Grym
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 179
Joined: 11 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Stafford, VA

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 0:21 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact