pbc week 2: lions at bears...AKA gay-roy-teed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

pbc week 2: lions at bears...AKA gay-roy-teed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:37 pm

FatFoot wrote:
moochman wrote:While there is no disputing the Lions were beaten to a pulp out there, I don't know that I would say the Bears dominated.

Really? The only points the Lions put on the board were due to Charles Tillman's pass interference. I'd say they dominated. I'd say it's stupid how close they came to shutting the Lions out. :)

Did you notice how the Lions were moving the ball between silly penalties and unforced turnovers? Add the dropped INTs, there were three that come right to mind, and the Lions could have beaten the Bears.

The one thing that I will admit is that toward the end of the game the Lions were mentally beaten. They simply didn't want to get hit anymore. Hard hitting, though a little dirty, D ya got there.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:53 pm

moochman wrote:Did you notice how the Lions were moving the ball between silly penalties and unforced turnovers? Add the dropped INTs, there were three that come right to mind, and the Lions could have beaten the Bears.

That's the kind of talk that keeps Millen in place. :)

274 yards of total offense (245 net)... 31 yards lost on 6 sacks, 3 lost fumbles (2 forced). You guys converted 1 of 9 3rd downs. It wasn't an effective offense. The Lions surely made mistakes and shot themselves in the foot, but they were outplayed in every aspect of the game... you sound like Roy. It wasn't close, and it wasn't "almost" close. There's no reason to think that you would have had an effective offense if you HAD gotten the 3 phantom INTs of which you speak.

With all due respect, we're NFC North. We should all be long past making excuses for "suck."
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:09 pm

FatFoot wrote:
moochman wrote:Did you notice how the Lions were moving the ball between silly penalties and unforced turnovers? Add the dropped INTs, there were three that come right to mind, and the Lions could have beaten the Bears.

That's the kind of talk that keeps Millen in place. :)

274 yards of total offense (245 net)... 31 yards lost on 6 sacks, 3 lost fumbles (2 forced). You guys converted 1 of 9 3rd downs. It wasn't an effective offense. The Lions surely made mistakes and shot themselves in the foot, but they were outplayed in every aspect of the game... you sound like Roy. It wasn't close, and it wasn't "almost" close. There's no reason to think that you would have had an effective offense if you HAD gotten the 3 phantom INTs of which you speak.

With all due respect, we're NFC North. We should all be long past making excuses for "suck."

Only the power of senile elder Ford keeps Millen in place. What I said affects everything in your arguement, and if you don't know the impact that those INTs would have had I don't know how much value to put into your rebuttals.
I don't sound like Roy, so keep you insults to your self if you don't mind. I take on a PBC and when I lose I own up. Something Roy will never do.
There are few Lions' fans who are less of an apologist than I am, so I don't make excuses for when they suck. I openly and repeatedly point out the shining moments when they blow.
I saw a team that has too little talent to compete with competent teams.
I don't feel that I am overstating the state of this sorry franchise with that quote.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:40 pm

In a purely non-FF-related sense, you should consider the fact that there are plenty of decaffeinated brands that are just as tasty as the real thing. None of what I said was an insult, and I would have thought that the Roy and Millen comments would have been taken in the spirit with which they were delivered: jokes.

Back to football, "almost INTs" are not INTs. Between 2 reasonably skilled teams, almost every pass could be considered an "almost INT." There was only one thrown where it looked like it should have been caught. But it wasn't. And not everyone on a team CAN catch a pass cleanly.

Even if you were granted the 3 INTs, there's no reason to think that the Lions were going to do anything with them.

The Bears are a good team. I don't think they're a great team. But if you watched that game, and you don't think they dominated, I don't know what to tell you.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Sorry for taking offense, dude. Comparing me with Roy is like calling somebody a donkey, cept not a donkey. I am extremely frustrated over the shape this joke of a franchise has taken and am a little touchy, I suppose. Heck I even find myself taking offense at you implication that I need to calm down, or try a decaf.

I'm just saying that if the Lions converted on the chances the Bears gave them early the complexion of the game would have been quite different. Your Almost INT crap makes me wonder how closely you paid attention to the game. Bly had and INT in both hands, at the goal line, and drop it. He repeated the feat, two hands on ball and drop later in the quarter. I think Bryant did the same, a little tougher INT, but one pros make. Then there is the INT Bailey returned for the TD that was called back due to terrible penalty. That is a lot of momentum changers. At least in my caffine enriched spastic brain, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:45 pm

moochman wrote: Then there is the INT Bailey returned for the TD that was called back due to terrible penalty.

Are you saying it was a bad call? The Lions DB clearly had hands to the face IIRC. It was a dumb penalty that's for sure.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:16 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
moochman wrote: Then there is the INT Bailey returned for the TD that was called back due to terrible penalty.

Are you saying it was a bad call? The Lions DB clearly had hands to the face IIRC. It was a dumb penalty that's for sure.

No, not at all. It was a penalty for sure, but a needless stupid penalty. That's what I'm saying.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:19 pm

moochman wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:

No, not at all. It was a penalty for sure, but a needless stupid penalty. That's what I'm saying.

Love the custom bag mooch. :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 am

Metroid wrote:Love the custom bag mooch. :-b ;-D

Thanks, it's not nearly as nice from the inside :*)

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:36 pm

hickdubious wrote:[sarcasm] Bear's fans need to look at it like this: You beat Green Bay and Detroit. Wow. [sarcasm]

...and that's not saying much? Beating two divisional teams and going up 2-0 with the tiebreakers in both cases is a great start. For Bear fans, beating GB is one of the hallmarks of a successful season.

I'll agree with you that beating the Lions isn't the toughest thing in the world to do. I used to go up there in the '80s when the Bears were so dominant that good tickets to Soldier Field were nearly impossible to get. It was easy to get great seats in Detroit because they weren't very good back then [as compared to now - sarcasm] :-D

This coming week is the real test. If the Bears beat the Vikings and go 3-0, you may as well hand them the division trophy. ;-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting