Skinny Models Banned From Fashion Show - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Skinny Models Banned From Fashion Show

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:38 pm

Metroid wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Back to the topic and the 2 pics posted at the beginning of this thread. I actually like Kate Moss better than that fitness chick. There's a few reason. First, get them skinny b/c they only get bigger overtime. If a women gets smaller it's because she was a fatty to begin with or that she is so old that she shrunk. Secondly, that fitness chick's arms look like mine. If it's curvy woman you like those should not be the curves you desire. If you're into a chick with guns for arms then I think somewhere in the back of your mind you like guys. Besides that fitness chick has a bulge in her shorts.

My perfect woman would be thin but not sickly looking. Would have womanly curves and be firm yet soft, not rock hard.
Of course she'd have to have some nice knockers. They would have to be natural. I'd rather play with a natural smaller set than fake big ones.

Back to the premise as to why these super skinny models were banned in the first place. Pagent authorities said that women try to mirror what they see at the fashion shows. If this is true than there must be some very large American fashion models. I look out on the street and I don't see skinny women. The majority of women I see are over weight. I see chunky not skinny. The only skinny ones are way underage. It looks like they are trying to emulate Roseann Barr more than Kate Moss.

So if I think Chyna is hot I'm gay?

Disclaimer: Poster does not think Chyna is hot.....however hed probably still hit it, after a few too many. :-b

I think all of us drop a standard or two after a few drinks. A 2 at 10 o'clock becomes a 10 at 2 o'clock?

Still if you bag Chyna it would probably be just because she's famous not b/c you are actually attracted to to women that resemble Arnold more than they do actual women. If that's not the case then yes maybe in the back of your mind you actually like guys. I'll leave that up to your shrink to decide though.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:47 pm

i take #1 knapp. #2 would likely make me exercise and be in shape. while #1 has a killer coke hookup and lots of cash.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:53 pm

Fireball Express wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:Back to the topic and the 2 pics posted at the beginning of this thread. I actually like Kate Moss better than that fitness chick. There's a few reason. First, get them skinny b/c they only get bigger overtime. If a women gets smaller it's because she was a fatty to begin with or that she is so old that she shrunk. Secondly, that fitness chick's arms look like mine. If it's curvy woman you like those should not be the curves you desire. If you're into a chick with guns for arms then I think somewhere in the back of your mind you like guys. Besides that fitness chick has a bulge in her shorts.

My perfect woman would be thin but not sickly looking. Would have womanly curves and be firm yet soft, not rock hard.
Of course she'd have to have some nice knockers. They would have to be natural. I'd rather play with a natural smaller set than fake big ones.

Back to the premise as to why these super skinny models were banned in the first place. Pagent authorities said that women try to mirror what they see at the fashion shows. If this is true than there must be some very large American fashion models. I look out on the street and I don't see skinny women. The majority of women I see are over weight. I see chunky not skinny. The only skinny ones are way underage. It looks like they are trying to emulate Roseann Barr more than Kate Moss.

Disclaimer: Poster does not think Chyna is hot.....however hed probably still hit it, after a few too many. :-b

I think all of us drop a standard or two after a few drinks. A 2 at 10 o'clock becomes a 10 at 2 o'clock?

Still if you bag Chyna it would probably be just because she's famous not b/c you are actually attracted to to women that resemble Arnold more than they do actual women. If that's not the case then yes maybe in the back of your mind you actually like guys. I'll leave that up to your shrink to decide though.

Its funny I think my shrink may be gay heres a pic of him......he calls himself Dr. Frankenfurter. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:01 pm

Metroid wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Its funny I think my shrink may be gay heres a pic of him......he calls himself Dr. Frankenfurter. :-b

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:24 pm

moonhead wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Metroid

Postby Fireball Express » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:51 pm

Metroid wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Love the pearl necklace darling.
Tim Curry never looked so good. lol.
Classic movie. I remember going to see that and people would dress up as the characters and act out the parts along with the movie. Also remember people would bring props with them. In the beginning when it's raining people would break out squirt guns. Then they'd put newspaper over their heads. The part where Dr. Frankenfurter say's "a toast!", people would whip pieces of toast at the screen. I forget what else. Going to see Rocky Horror at Midnight Madness at the local movie theater was a whole lot more than going to see just any movie. Good times! ;-D
I still can't meet a girl named Janet and not say to myself, "Damn it Janet, let's screw".

Maybe you should get another shrink.

"How soft your fields so green, can whisper tales of Gore, Of how we calmed the tides of war. We are your Overlords!" - Zep
Fireball Express
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:53 pm

How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:00 pm

knapplc wrote:Image

did you steal that from me?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:00 pm

knapplc wrote:Image

I know huh? What the hell was this thread about anyway? :-? :-b
Metroid

Re: Skinny Models Banned From Fashion Show

Postby knapplc » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Metroid wrote: I know huh? What the hell was this thread about anyway? :-? :-b

knapplc wrote:It's nice to see someone is finally rebelling against this ridiculous "look" that these models are taking on. They do NOT represent the typical woman, so why is the fashion world worshiping them as if they were so incredibly beautiful?

I like a woman with some meat on her bones, not just skin and bones.

MADRID, Spain (Reuters) -- The world's first ban on overly thin models at a top-level fashion show in Madrid has caused outrage among modeling agencies and raised the prospect of restrictions at other venues.

Madrid's fashion week has turned away underweight models after protests that girls and young women were trying to copy their rail-thin looks and developing eating disorders.

Organizers say they want to project an image of beauty and health, rather than a waif-like, or heroin chic look.

But Cathy Gould, of New York's Elite modeling agency, said the fashion industry was being used as a scapegoat for illnesses like anorexia and bulimia.

"I think its outrageous, I understand they want to set this tone of healthy beautiful women, but what about discrimination against the model and what about the freedom of the designer," said Gould, Elite's North America director, adding that the move could harm careers of naturally "gazelle-like" models.

Madrid's regional government, which sponsors the show and imposed restrictions, said it did not blame designers and models for anorexia. It said the fashion industry had a responsibility to portray healthy body images.

"Fashion is a mirror and many teenagers imitate what they see on the catwalk," said regional official Concha Guerra.

The mayor of Milan, Italy, Letizia Moratti, told an Italian newspaper this week she would seek a similar ban for her city's show unless it could find a solution to "sick" looking models.

Quality, not size
The Madrid show is using the body mass index or BMI -- based on weight and height -- to measure models. It has turned away 30 percent of women who took part in the previous event. Medics will be on hand at the September 18-22 show to check models.

"The restrictions could be quite a shock to the fashion world at the beginning, but I'm sure it's important as far as health is concerned," said Leonor Perez Pita, director of Madrid's show, also known as the Pasarela Cibeles.

A spokeswoman for the Association of Fashion Designers of Spain, which represents those at Madrid fashion week, said the group supported restrictions and its concern was the quality of collections, not the size of models.

Eating disorder activists said many Spanish model agencies and designers oppose the ban and they had doubts whether the new rules would be followed.

"If they don't go along with it the next step is to seek legislation, just like with tobacco," said Carmen Gonzalez of Spain's Association in Defense of Attention for Anorexia and Bulimia, which has campaigned for restrictions since the 1990s.

Which girl would you rather be with?
ImageImage
The first woman is Kate Moss. The second is some anonymous fitness model Google Images pulled up

Give me the second woman any day. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk